21:For Us

Poor Jin... I can't imagine what it's like to be in his position.

Jin hyung was laying there on the floor, heartbroken and crying his eyes out. His soulmate killed herself because she wasn't into dating guys. She probably thought it was a mistake but the soulmate algorithm never makes any mistakes.

"I'm gonna be single forever," Jin continued to weep.

"No you're not," I tried to comfort him, "we can try and call that soulmate hotline. They can help. They can probably reassign you with someone new."

Jin immediately sat up from laying down, "You're right!" he exclaimed, "Now that you mentioned it, let's call them right now!"

"Huh?" I scrunched my brows together.

Before I could process anything, Jin hyung was already dialing the soulmate hotline. To explain things a little bit further, the soulmate hotline is kinda like calling an emergency service for help. But this kind of help we're dealing with are soulmate problems. People call them if there's any malfunctions in the system. As for Jin's problem, the people who work for the soulmate hotline will help Jin find a new soulmate that is the most similar to his old one. But this is also risky too, you could get someone who just turned 18, or someone who is extremely older than you that is also looking for a soulmate replacement. This system is so confusing.

"Hi, my name is Kim Seokjin. I'm hoping if you guys can find me a new soulmate," Jin asked the service worker. Jin put the call on speaker phone and placed his phone onto the floor so we could both listen. 

"Kim Seokjin, I see. So your original soulmate committed suicide, yes?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes," Jin quickly replied.

"And you want us to find a new one for you?" the receptionist asked once more.

"Yes."

"Mmk, just hold on for a second," the receptionist told us to do so.

We waited for a couple of minutes until she came back.

"Okay, so I restarted the system so you should have a new one next week on a Tuesday since her birthday is going to be on that day," she said to us.

"Hyung, you got a younger one," I whispered over to him.

"I know it's gonna be a little weird since you're almost 10 years older than her, is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's going to be fine," Jin answered.

"Alrighty then, goodluck, Mr. Kim," she ended the call. Once she did, Jin smack his face with his hands.

"What's wrong?" I questioned him.

"I'M SO OLD!" He screamed.

I looked at him weirdly, "Um, so? You look like you never age. You're literally a vampire."

Jin scoffed in disgust, "The age gap though... I'M REALLY NOT OKAY WITH IT."

"But are you excited though?" I asked him.

Jin hesitated then sighed deeply before replying, "I guess so," he then smiled, "this is good though, I won't be lonely anymore."

"Yeah," I nodded my head.

"You should get back to your girlfriend now," Jin lightly punched my shoulder, "she must be worried about you."

I picked up my phone to check the time but a message from Jae caught my eye.

Jae💕💕:
i'm heading back home since it's getting so late

Jae💕💕:
byeeee

I sighed deeply once I read the text then stuffed my phone back into my pocket. 

Jin noticed, "Are you okay?" he asked me.

I nodded my head slightly, "Yeah, it's just that Jae already went back home."

"You know you should be watching her at all times since her identity is out in the public known as your soulmate. People who are obsessed with you all over the world are going to try and kill her so you can get a new one in hopes that it's gonna be them," Jin explained to me then shook his head, "the things that our fans do to be with you."

I lowered my head, "Yeah... the things they do to be with us."

--

[A/N]

Hi fellow readers! Thank you all so much for 1k reads! I really appreciate that from all of you!