23: Dog On A Leash

Author's POV

As Hyunjae exited the gate of her school, Jungkook stood there, leaning against the concrete post that held up the metal gate.

"Kook?!" She exclaimed, "You're still here?!"

"Of course I am," he subtly smiled, "I've been standing here for the past five minutes."

"Why'd you wait for me? Anyways, I can't hang out with you tonight," Hyunjae began to walk.

"What? Why not?" Jungkook followed her from behind.

"Because I'm the one who has school and needs to study for my exams," she replied without looking back at the curious boy.

Jungkook stood in front of Hyunjae and grabbed both of her shoulders, "Why can't you just quit school and live with me? I already got the money to support the both of us."

Hyunjae looked at him with a little desperation in her eyes, "Do you think that I actually want to do that?"

"Well...yeah," Jungkook rubbed the back of his nape with his hand.

Hyunjae pushed herself past him and mumbled, "You're crazy."

"Hey, I am not crazy," Jungkook watched her walk away then ran up to catch up with her.

"Yes you are," she complained, "I can't just quit school and you'll suddenly have a lifetime supply of money."

"I have my savings for when I retire," Jungkook said.

Hyunjae ignored him and continued to walk to the subway station. Jungkook sighed as he watched the love of his life walk away into the distance.

The Next Morning...

"Kook?! How long have you been here?!" Hyunjae jumped once she opened her front door to see Jungkook sitting on the front steps of her door.

"I've been waiting all night," he yawned.

"So you just followed me home and slept out here on my doorstep," Hyunjae crossed her arms in hopes that Jungkook was joking.

He nodded his head slightly.

"Are you crazy?!" Hyunjae pulled Jungkook up by his arm, "You're gonna get sick!" she said as she pulled the young man into her house.

Jungkook looked around as he was pulled in, "I like your house."

As he waited for an answer, Jungkook realized that Hyunjae was no longer in front of him because he was so distracted by the interior of her house.

"Jae?" He called her name as he snooped around. He soon found her in the kitchen heating up a bowl of kimchi rice. "What are you doing?" he asked her.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Hyunjae glared at him.

"Making food. Why? You're gonna be late for school," Jungkook leaned his chin against Hyunjae's shoulder.

"It's for you, dummy," Hyunjae poked his forehead, "Since you didn't eat all night, I might as well make you something."

Jungkook's face immediately heated up once he figured out the food was for him.

"Why is your face so red? Are you sick?" Hyunjae went on her tippy toes and gently pressed the back of her hand against the young man's forehead which made him lean back just a bit.

"I'm definitely in love with her," Jungkook said in his head as he stared into his soulmate's eyes.

"Anyways, here," Hyunjae handed the bowl of kimchi rice into Jungkook's hands, "you need to eat and need to go to school. You can stay here as long as you want, I don't care. Bye!"

"Bye," Jungkook waved his hand as Hyunjae exited through the front door.

[A/N]

I hate online school with a burning passion :) And also, I might be publishing a new Jungkook book.