27: Errand Boy

As time went by, Jungkook heard soft breaths coming from Hyunjae, suspecting that she had fallen asleep. He slowly, but gently, dragged her precious body to where her head met the pillows that were pressed against the headboard of her bed. Jungkook carefully pulled the sheets over her shivering body, making sure that it covered each exposed skin that he spotted.

He looked over at the sleeping girl, "Sleep well tonight." Jungkook leaned in closer to give Hyunjae a soft peck on her forehead. He then walked over to the door and slowly closed it such with such care, a minimal sound of a click could only be heard in the dead feeling household.

On Jungkook's way out of the quiet house, he made sure to turn off each light that he could see was on. He tied his shoes back onto his feet and closed the front door slowly, trying not to make the loudest sounds, fearful that he may wake the love of his life.

Just as Jungkook was about to drive off to the shared dorm with his hyungs, he looked at the lonely house then drove off into the night, hoping that his soulmate will stay safe.

--

"Yah, Jungkook-ah," Jimin called the younger who was staring blankly at the wall as he slung his arm around Jungkook's shoulder, "you look gloomy today. What's wrong?"

Jungkook blinked rapidly, "Oh, nothing."

"Nothing?" Jimin raised a brow.

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded his head, "it's nothing." Jungkook forced a smile, soon fading away into the blank expression he had before Jimin came around. But in reality, Hyunjae was the person that Jungkook could only think about. Jimin removed his around the younger's shoulder and sat back down at his desk where he originally was in the first place.

I wonder if she's doing alright. What if she needs me now? What if she needs my company? What if she gets too sad? Why even is she sad? I shouldn't question that, it's her health, I shouldn't judge it.

Thoughts and questions and assumptions filled the anxious young man until he widened his eyes once he figured out something that he could do for his girlfriend.

"That's it!" Jungkook gasped out loud which made Jimin turn back around from his chair.

Jimin looked at Jungkook full of curiosity. "What?" Before he could even get an answer, Jungkook ran out the door, leaving Jimin with possible answers on what Jungkook might've come up with.

Jungkook ran to his car and drove off as fast as he could to the nearest grocery store. Once he arrived at the store, Jungkook bolted inside, not caring if he gets recognized or not.

--

With his hands full of bags filled to the brim, Jungkook rung the doorbell with his foot. He waited, expecting that Hyunjae is home.

"Wait," he said once he realized that she still has school.

"Kook?" Jungkook heard the calling of his name from behind.

Jungkook turned around in an instant. "Jae?"

"What are you doing here?" Jae said as she walked towards the man. "I saw you all over Twitter that you were seen at the grocery store. And why are you carrying all of that stuff? Don't your hands hurt?"

"These?" Jungkook looked at the bags that were held tightly in his hands, "These are for you."

"For me? Why?" Jae questioned.

"To make you feel better," Jungkook replied almost immediately.

Jae blushed to his response then walked to the front door to unlock it, "That's very nice of you, but I'm feeling much better now."

"It's for you," Jungkook said again, not getting the message that Jae doesn't want them. "I got all the snacks and candy that I like and maybe that you like so we can try them together. Oh, I also got us popcorn and icecream. And, I also bought ingredients so we can make cookies."

Hyunjae sighed, excepting her defeat on trying to decline the generous gifts that Jungkook bought for just the two of them.

She unlocked the front door, "C'mon, let's just go inside."

--

[A/N]

Be prepared for more boyfriend-material chapters heh heh.

I might be changing the cover for this book, idk.

Hope you're enjoying the book so far!!