19: Unknown Mysteries

After the concert, Jungkook brought me backstage with the rest of his members. I was expecting a much happier reaction out of all of them but they all seemed down.

"Hyunjae, we need to talk," Namjoon spoke up.

"Jungkookie, let's go~," Jimin pushed Jungkook out of the room and exited with him.

"What's wrong?" I asked once the two had left the room.

"Since Jungkook stated that you're his soulmate and you two literally kissed in front of thousands of people, it's bound to get viral, millions will see it. And now, we just need to hope for the best," Namjoon explained to me.

"The best of what?" I then questioned.

"We need to hope that you don't get stalked by crazy people," Hoseok came around and hung his arm over my shoulder, "'Cause if you didn't know, we're worldwide stars. Loved by millions all over the world."

"Is that why you didn't want me searching up your name on the internet and why you didn't tell me what you worked as?" I looked up at Jin.

"Well, uh, yeah. I didn't expect you to actually be that loyal though. I thought you'd still do it," Jin nervously replied, "And that's also why Jungkook didn't want you searching up his name either."

He was scared that I'd leave him because he was a celebrity, right? Is that why he asked me if I liked the idea of dating a celebrity, too? Questions swarmed my head.

"I'm surprised you didn't already know that we're famous," Yoongi said while sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, that surprised me, too," Taehyung agreed with the elder.

"It's like you're living under a rock," Hoseok knocked onto my head with his knuckles.

"I knew you guys existed but I never got the chance to see what any of you guys look like. I mean, I saw all of your faces before on billboards and advertisement posters, I thought you guys were like those look-alikes so I never put that much thought into your looks," I told them all. What I got in return was a bunch of disappointed looks on all of their faces.

"It's okay, at least you know what we look like now," Hoseok flashed a bright smile at me.

"Yeah, I guess so," I shrugged.

"Well now you know. You better know. This is probably going to be the first of many warnings that we're going to give you throughout your lifetime," Yoongi crossed his arms as he leaned back onto the couch that he was sitting on.

What have I gotten myself into?

Jungkook's POV

We were in the car now, getting driven back to our hotel. I was in the backseat with Hyunjae.

 The whole ride back, she slept against my shoulder. She must be so tired after the concert, but I was the one who was performing so I should be the one sleeping. I guess that I'm too excited over the fact that Hyunjae wants to date me even though I'm famous. Jimin and Jin hyung were both right, I was just overthinking.

But since I'm taking Hyunjae with me to my hotel, aren't her parents going to be concerned? Has she even told them yet? She probably has since I know she is a pretty responsible person.

Once we pulled up to our hotel, I lightly shook her shoulder to wake her up.

"Jae, we're here," I softly spoke.

"Hm?" she hummed, "We are?" she questioned while her eyes lids were still closed.

"Yes," I chuckled gingerly.

"Mmmmm okay~," Jae stretched out her arms as she got herself off of my shoulder then got out of the car. 

"Wait for me," I said while getting out of the car. 

For some reason, Jae wasn't anywhere near the car. I looked all around for her, but I couldn't find her. I asked the driver if he has seen her go anywhere and he said he hasn't. Where did she go?

"Jae?" I called out her name, "Where are you?" My voice echoed throughout the parking garage with no response.

 I pulled out my phone and tried to call her. She didn't pick up. I started to get anxious. I then tried calling her again. This time, she did pick up.

"Jae, where did you go?" I asked her once she answered the phone.

"Kook," her voice trembled, "help."

--

[A/N]

I am apologizing for publishing this chapter super late. It's just that I am currently going through a very bad writers block and I'm writing like 5 other books at the same time. Please forgive me.