1.20

A/N: We're near!!!!! the end of arc 1~ just few more chapters to go!!!! QAQ)

Enjoy Ghosts!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Princess Lianhua and Bai Zhishi, talked about the announcement of their marriage and decided to announce it in two weeks. Princess Lianhua was not in favor of it at first but Bai Zhishi calmly explained the situation to her.

"Third Princess Lianhua, I just got appointed as a new duke in our Zen Kingdom and was given a lot of merits from the Emperor and the Empress. If we go out like this, people will not only ridicule me, who they still deemed as a commoner to marry the third princess that will be rumored as a fooled princess."- Bai Zhishi explains but Third Princess Lianhua cut his words. 

"Who dares to say such words?! I will immediately punish them for defaming the Royalty!"- Third Princess Lianhua fumed with her hands in fists. Bai Zhishi reached down to hold her fisted hands and pry it open in a gentle manner. This action made her calm down and blush in slight embarrassment and shame for blowing her fuse in front of her future husband.

"Like I was trying to say, to avoid such predicament, I want to settle my title and show my power to the mass. As a man, I shouldn't be leaning too much to... to... to you. So I should show my prowess as a man too."- Bai Zhishi has a subtle blush showing on his ears because he tried to say the word "wife" before losing his courage and calling her "you". Third Princess Huatian seemed to get it so she followed his wishes. When night falls, he left the palace to go back to Owner Lan to tell him the news, he also has the royal decree with him, in case the greedy man thinks he's just lying. 

After he had a word with Owner Lan from his private quarters, the older man was shocked rigid while looking at him. On his hands was the royal decree from the Palace.

"... You're kidding me, right? I don't care about your new title or a new piece of land! 300 million taels?! no wait- 300 MILLION GOLD TAELS?!!! How did you do it? I want 300 Million Gold taels too! Bai Zhishi! Lend me some money!"- Owner Lan burst into tears and clung to Bai Zhishi's legs like a child. Bai Zhishi was at first touched by the indifference of Owner Lan to his new title because it means he will still treat him the same- however the second to the last part of his sentence only revealed the pure greed of his that almost made him face-palm. 

"Anyways, Owner Lan, we will talk about a new contract that will involve the people here in the Zen Kingdom, the Zou Kingdom, and the incoming war."- Bai Zhishi said in a calm and serious tone that made Owner Lan revert back to his usual self and directed him to a secret room.

"Let's talk about the war first, Zou Kingdom will go to war with the East Kingdom- Ping Kingdom. They are well-known for their bomb expertise, combined with the knowledge of Zou Kingdom as Army Tacticians, they could have an advantage."- Owner Lan said and gave him the compiled reports from his intel. Bai Zhishi took it and did a brief scanning.

"What about our side? What did the Emperor and his crown prince decide on?"- He asked him before giving a brief glance.

"... It was decided that the North Kingdom- the Long Kingdom and their skilled archery, will help us in the war. The Shui Kingdom from the West stayed neutral and will not step in the battle. Bai Zhishi, do you think we can win?"- Owner Lan asked worriedly. Bai zhishi sighed before shaking his head no.