1.2

Soul was at the back of the Teahouse. It is where the staffs usually get inside as their entrance. There was a stationed guard there and a few staff were already arriving.

Soul timidly walk towards the said back entrance and stop a few meters away from the guard. They made eye contact before he bows down deeply,

"Esteemed Sir, Can I talk to the owner of the teahouse to apply for a job? I-I can be a good cook or server, I won't slack off! please give this lowly boy a chance!"- Soul shouted at the top of his lungs so that he can also get the attention of the owner that was coincidentally just getting ready for the day. The guard was a little flustered, specially since its so early and he was still sleepy, this young kid dared to shout his plea- *scowls* so annoying!

"You-"

"That brat, take him to my office," The guard was ready to reprimand the beggar when he heard a calm and serious voice of his boss before the sound of his window closing. Gulping, he didn't dare to disobey and lead the boy up to the fourth floor. Soul kept his head and eyes to the ground until they came to a halt at the door of the fourth floor. The guard opened it and instructed him to stand in front of the desk of the seated owner, He gave a formal deep bow, waiting to be ordered to stand up.

"Mhm, You may rise,"- it took a whole minute before he was told to rise, Soul just sighed on his heart before looking into the owner's face.

The owner looks so young, maybe reaching his mid 20s, his long raven hair may have reached to his hips and he have a distinct five facial features that could attract bees and butterflies (literally means attract everyone's attention) he wore a loose silk red and white robe with wide sleeves, his brown eyes half-lidded as they quietly examine each other,

"Your name?"- The owner asked, Soul, cupped both of his hands together infront of his chest and bow slightly,

"This boy's name is called Bai Zhīshì"- He introduced his self and look back to the owner's eyes, this made the owner arched a brow.

"What a clever name, Yet why are you in such the poorest state? Don't you dare lie, I am a person who won't easily be easily deceived."- The owner cautioned, Soul immediately get on the act,

"My family lives in a faraway place, we were travelers that goes to distant lands. One time we were attacked by bandits. My Father and Mother died on the spot, My older brother and I along with our possessions and carriage became slaves and was sent to this land, Before we were sold, My older brother made a riot and made way for me to escape, By then I am alone, older brother didn't make it and I hid on the alleys in fear of getting caught again. I was 5 at that time, Along the struggles My older brother and I faced, he still tried to teach me the basics such as reading and writing, but the geography, currency of money and other things I am not taught. Though I know a few jobs such as cooking and making tea, washing the dishes and some small craftsmanship, but I may be dull already since I haven't practice for six years"- Soul put his push and pull method to use, pushing his "facts" then pull back with "second thoughts", pushing the "advantages of having him around" the pulling back with "being dull" reasons, Soul only hopes it helps him get the job.

The owner quietly look at him again, after it seems like half the day, he smiled and put his hands on the desk,

"It seems like you are a talker and a tactful brat, You will start to train in three days, for now, I want you to fatten up and sharpen those skills you have."- a small smile appeared on Soul's lips but his eyes shined brighter,

"Thanking owner for your grace! I promise I'll work hard!"- Soul said before bowing down again,

"For that, I will lend you a spare room on the basement, It needs an extra pair of eyes to guard the ingredients and other things"- The owner said to him, he nodded in understanding. The owner ordered his male servant to help him take a bath, and another one to buy him good clothes. Soul gave him a grateful glance before walking with the male servant towards the bathing area, his expression turning blank. He was training his soul to harden and not be attached on this world, if he did, devastating pain will crush his small soul.

'Just think as if this is 'give and take', next rule will be survival of the fittest, *sigh* I need to work hard,'

After he was cleaned and dressed handsomely, he went back to the owner. he look at him from head to toe before nodding. Getting dragged by the owner for a meal on the second floor. Soul slowly ate his food without a care on the world, savouring the food and brewed the tea for him and the Owner to share. Although the taste of food is bland, and used a little more of oil, it was fine for his empty stomach.

"You have quite a peculiar way of brewing tea..."- The owner then take a sip from his teacup and paused, looking at his tea before looking back to Soul, surprise evident on his eyes before calmly drinking his tea again.

Soul on his original world has always been good to tea brewing, and develop his own way of bringing the best taste of tea in any occassion, other small tasks/chores he perfectly learned and nailed to his memory, he was grateful his past experience was still intact or else, he'll be very hopeless. *sob*

The Hūatìan Teahouse, is a large establishment with four floors wide and large floors, the first floor, is where commoners were accommodated, they have good quality chairs and tables, a simple but beautiful flower vase and tea with corresponding humble tea sets. In the middle, there was a fifteen step four bridges towards a medium sized stage used for performances, when not in use, the thin pastel-colored clothes acts like a curtain. The water beneath the stage and bridges live koi fishes of red, white, and black and blossoming water lotus flowers and lilly pads. Second floor is for the officials and talents of the younger generation. Here, tea tables and cushions seats were given with adequate rooms numbered to A1-A30. Elegance was more pronounced here and enough for ten persons to fit in the one room, The colors of sky blue and light green are reflected in the ornaments making everything pleasant to the eyes. The third floor is for special guest and royalties, a touch of comfort and luxury was displayed here, a total of fifteen rooms are here with the colors of gold and red, the phoenixes, dragons, tigers and all mythical and powerful beasts etched in the room portraying a tale. The owner let him watch on the first floor to see other's jobs, he stayed at the side as the staff wheeled themselves around the large open space. He observed quietly, also eyeing the aristrocrats that come and go in the teahouse. He then goes beside the cashier, Letting him learn the currency of money, and prices of food and beverages. He just nodded and let the new information sink in. Going to the kitchen, he stood next to the head chef and took lectures of the rules and regulation of the teahouse, how food was cook here and how minimum to serve, he then walk towards a nearby room and eavesdrop a little.

He heard the news about disaster on the north, the winner from the scholars' test this year and new laws passed down by the Emperor. He shrugged his thin shoulders before making his way to the basement, the staffs are all civil with him, if he pushed hard enough, he can immediately take a spot on their hearts, but with his looks right now, he need to nourish himself more before planning again. The other plan of his for asking job on the auction house, he needs to prove his worth to the owner first before going there. Only by recommending him, could he get a good job where he can entertain guests and get close to specific targets, it's gonna be a long time, but he's willing to do it in order to survive.