1.22

The Zou Kingdom is still operating like usual, very prosperous, radiant in colors, and the citizens were calm. If someone foreign will come now and see this kingdom, they wouldn't think that they are going to war. 

The military prowess of the Zou Kingdom and the Ping Kingdom together will reach a total of 50 thousand soldiers, and the explosives are 50 carts full. It is a type of incendiary bomb that could destroy and set ablaze everything from where it hits. The aftereffects were also very destructive and many could die an immediate death just getting caught up from the bomb's radius. When the two kingdoms were talking about the war strategy for the incoming war, Prince Chonghou stood up and asked the two emperors to lead the army. 

"Father Emperor, Emperor Ping, please grant me permission to lead the army to deal with the war between our kingdoms and the Zen's and Long Kingdoms!"- Prince Chonghou said this in an imposing tone, the generals of both kingdoms were the witnesses. 

"Well, this will be the prince's first war, will this be an advantage in this war?"- The Emperor of Ping asked with doubt evident in his voice. His generals of course knew his reasons and nodded at his question. The prince is only eighteen and never been in a war before. If he took the lead now, what will happen to their forces? They cannot easily trust him with their life, especially since he has no merits yet to say that he is knowledgable in this field.  

"Emperor Ping, let my crown prince have a chance, We can overpower the Zen and the Long Kingdoms with our war tactics, the bombs, and overwhelming power. Besides, My War hero, General Quin Lei is already laying out traps within the Zen Kingdom. This war will be a one-sided slaughter."- Prince Chonghou's father said and assured the other Emperor to ease their worries. 

Prince Chonghou gritted his teeth and pursed his lips into a tight line. He never liked being viewed as a weak person, this is an open opportunity for him to be viewed as a War god! However, His father emperor keeps on praising his General instead of him! It made him so distraught and resent his own biological father. 

It happened when both the prince and the past general's son were hunting in the forest nearby the palace. A large bear surprised the two teens and the Prince's horse was terrified so bad that it has thrown the prince off and run away from the scene. the Prince, frightened out of his wits as the bear opened its mouth with sharp and yellow teeth, beady eyes held the glint of murder and ferocity, raising its paws to slash him open and kill him.

"N-No!"

*slash!*

A metal pierced through the flesh could be heard, although he is scared, the prince opens his eyes and saw the gore; The General's only son, with his sword, plunged towards the bear's gut and slashed it open. Blood spurted through the air, staining his clothes and some landed on his face. 

The royal guards and their fathers saw the aftermath of the encounter and saw the potential within Quin Lei, that is why in the present, he is known as a very merciless war general of Zou Kingdom. The seedling of hate and envy sprouted and turn into resentment- enough for the prince to wish to kill his own father. 

'No worries, before this war ends, that throne will be mine.'- Prince Chonghou assured himself before bowing down and thanking them. 

"We'll prepare the first ten-thousand troops to march near the borders for the Zen Kingdom from two sides! We'll do the march five days from now!"- The war is set in stone and everyone dispersed after the meeting. Before Prince Chonghou got back to his palace, his mother, the Empress called for him by a maid. He made the detour with his set of servants and went to the Empress Palace. He watched as her mother adorned herself with jewels and make up, time already captured her beauty, all her efforts are meaningless if she wants to try to chain his lecherous father from taking in more than fifteen concubines present in the harem already.