1.21

Bai Zhishi went inside the Third Princess's Palace. He saw her leisurely waiting for him on the small water pavilion. The maids announced his presence as he walked towards her.

"Greetings Third Princess Huatian, How are you?"- Bai Zhishi asked as he sat across her, the maids busily prepared a cup of jasmine tea and delicacies on the table.

"Bai Zhishi! Why did you go directly to my Royal father instead of visiting me first? Am I not your betrothed?! I'm unhappy!"- Third Princess Huatian fumed at him with a pout on her small puckered lips. Bai Zhishi only smiled at her while he drinks his tea. It gave the princess an ample amount of time to see her fault and the reason why her lover would go to her Royal father. After a cup of tea, Third Princess Huatian once again talked but with a cautious tone mixed in.

"That, Bai Zhishi, did you talk to my Royal father about the upcoming war? I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner. I know you are just trying your best to keep our Zhen Kingdom safe. Please answer me, did it go right or wrong?"- Third Princess Huatian asked anxiously, she watched as Bai Zhsihi put the teacup down before answering her in a leisurely way.

"These kinds of things, a princess should not be concerned about. Please ease your mind and heart, Your Royal mother, the Empress, and your Royal father, the Emperor, along with your siblings will be safe from the upcoming war."- Bai Zhishi said in a reassuring way.

"If that is the case then so be it. However, worrying I will still do so, because of you. How can I not worry about you? You're my future spouse! My future will be tied to you! If something happened to you, what will I, a mere princess and a woman, do?"- Third Princess Huatian bares her worries inside her chest that made Bai Zhishi blush in a deep red hue. 

"T-That... Third Princess Huatian, E-Even if something happened to me, you and I are still not married, your Royal family will not give you easily, to marry without a grand dowry to sponsor you."- Bai Zhishi told her with a red face. Third Princess Huatian blinked and stared at his red face before her words soon started to fall into her mind and made her blush in embarrassment for her straightforwardness.

"T-That, sorry for my wording, Bai Zhishi. I got carried away and did not enhance my vocabulary."- Third Princess Huatian said but Bai Zhishi just shook his head no.

"Your straightforwardness is very appealing. Do not change too much for anyone's sake."- Bai Zhishi said to her and she nodded. 

"You're are now free right? Let's walk around the palace! I want you to see the interior of the Zen Palace!"- Third Princess Huatian enthusiastically stood up and held his hand to pull him up from his seat. Bai Zhishi has other plans in his mind and gently pulled her and sat her on his lap.

"T-This! Bai Zhishi what are you doing?"- THird Princess Huatian's face was flushed as ripe peaches while looking into his smiling expression. Bai Zhishi didn't answer and played with the tips of her loose hair. 

"I was very busy these past few months, Third Princess, please grant me this time to relax leisurely and accompany me rest."- He said and smelled the light waft of cherry blossom from her long, silky hair. Third Princess Huatian was elated by his idea and decided to approve it.

"If that is the case, then let this Third Princess accompany you while you relax. Tell this princess, exactly what do you want?"- She asked in an imposing tone. With her maids at her beck and call, nothing is impossible to grab.  

"what I want? This duke wants a cup of fragrant wine and a beauty in my arms...Ah, I already have the beauty so a small feast and wine would be good."- He shameless said as he wrapped his arms loosely around her small waist. Third Princess Huatian blushed deep red on her cheeks, making her look so embarrassed and almost sickly.