1.8

Arriving at the Auction House, Bai Zhishi went to the room of the displayed items for today's auction. The room is very high-end, with tight security for each item. There were pearls, jewelry, ancient books, and other stuff. He was intrigued by the large cage that was covered with thick, heavy, red cloth. When he tried to go towards it, the guards stopped him and told him that it was the star item of today's auction. From Bai Zhishi's understanding, the star item would be a secret to the audiences/ bidders before it would be up to the stage. Bai Zhishi just nodded his head before walking around the Auction house. Commoners, merchants, and low-nobles were starting to fill in the seats on the ground floor. The stage was still dark and there's still enough time for him to look around the establishment. The whole place is colored in crimson and gold, Everything was made to have a stylish aesthetics. The staff were all dressed in dark green robes with a neat hairstyle. A standard smile was all in their faces as they serve, answer the customers' questions, and converse with one another. They don't seem forced so Bai Zhishi thinks that this staff was trained well and the pay is handsome. When he had enough, he asked the staff to help him get to his reserved box. The male staff nodded and lead him to a special Emerald Green box after he showed his ticket. The owners of both the Huàtiàn Teahouse and Pheonix Auction House knew that he really does seem attached to this color so they created this box specifically for him.

Also, what our dear Bai Zhìshī didn't know is that there was a secret agreement from those two owners that concerns him, but that if for another time to tackle. Before the Auction starts, he was already making his way towards his VIP box on the third floor when he bumped into someone. He was garbed with a red and white expensive silk robe, his black hair shining with the silver hairpins, and a dangling earring made from silver and blue silk. At first Baì Zhìshī was shocked from his appearance before squinting his eyes on the said person.

"My apologies, Young Master. I was not looking in the way and bumped into you, please accept my humble apology,"- The man before him apologized to him in a polite tone, behind him were a pair of little female servants bowing respectfully. He waved his hands and give a bow to the person before him,

"No need, no need! This Xiao Zhù is also at fault, would this kind Sir like to accompany me to my box? I want to compensate and call it fair,"-Baì Zhìshī said, His eyes holding a different light that makes the other person blink and agreed to his request. When they arrived at his "Jade" Box, they entered and the Auction Servants prepared a good tea and desserts for them to enjoy. Baì Zhìshī slowly took his tea cup and gently take a sip, his mind racing a while under his facade.

"Lan.."-He suddenly called out, the other party were surprised! The two female servants have their eyes comically wide like they were caught in an embarrassing act while the Male master just revert back to his calm demeanor.

"This Young master, who are you referring to?"- the Male Master before him chose his words wisely. Bai Zhìshī continued to leisurely drink his tea without haste. Since he wants to play then he will accompany him. 

"I heard from Huàtian Teahouse..." He said looking at the Male Master with a calm but clever light on his eyes, "Owner really likes these white orchid flowers...."- He continued, The Male Master infront of him stiffened a bit, something flashed on his eyes but it vanished as fast as it came and was staring at his tea cup for a moment.

'You ah! If you don't want to parade that your'e somehow related to my money-grubber Owner! Then don't react! You truly making me a bridge between you two ah! So hateful!' - Bai Zhìshī thought as he continued to stare at the other person.

"I cannot understand what this young master is saying,"- the Male Master told him, he almost inelegantly snorted, Geez! Still trying to play dumb but you're already exposed! Bai Zhìshī doesn't understand why continue to act.