1.25

Soul waited for Suibian to come back. Every day, when he is left alone for a moment, he tries to contact Suibian and tell him about what happened on that day. Often, Quin Lei is with him wherever he wanted to go. When he wants to go outside to breathe some fresh air, the man will lead him to the gardens and let him smell the fragrant flowers. When he wants to go for a walk, he will hold his hands and walk at his pace as they wander around the courtyard. When he wants to play outside, he will bring him trinkets instead and keep him inside the room.  Soul felt that everything he experienced so far was both irritating and slightly uncomfortable, but Soul didn't know why he was unsettled and guarded around Quin Lei. Sometimes, he wonders what could have driven this man to be obsessed with him, but he didn't have the answer in his mind and heart, even if he tries to ask Quin Lei about that, it might sprout a seedling of misunderstanding that might do him more harm than good, so he refrained from asking. 

Today marked as the fifth day that Suibian was gone, Soul decided to be a bit daring and run outside in the direction of the garden. The sun is just starting to shine from the east and he can faintly hear the birds chirping. The smell of dew in the air mixing with the fragrance of the flowers in the garden. Soul slowed down into a stop and stood there in the middle of the garden and enjoying the peace of his own. Since the morning will soon come and the temperature is starting to get warm, he falls down the grass on his back and released a sigh, closing his eyes and enjoying a little time for himself. His thick robe absorbs the dew but he was not wet inside. He felt the breeze caress his skin before he was gently lulled to sleep. 

Approximately thirty minutes later, the whole courtyard of Bai Zhishi flipped and hurriedly looked for his whereabouts. The servants called for his name in loud voices that Quin Lei heard the ruckus. When he learned the situation from the Head Eunuch he assigned for Bai Zhishi; a painful slap landed on his face.

"You only have one job, and that's to always look after Bai Zhishi. Is it hard? You can't even look after a blind man?!"- Quin Lei's voice was calm, but the hint of danger was very evident. The Eunuch kowtowed on the floor and cried for forgiveness.

"Get this trash out of my sight and replace him with someone better. All of you, search for the Young Master!"- Quin Lei ordered everyone and they nodded at him and dispersed on the parameter of the courtyard. Quin Lei didn't move from where he was standing and looked at the inside of Bai Zhishi's room. He didn't make his bed or even put on his shoes. It could only mean that he was still inside his land.  After five minutes, they finally found Bai Zhishi inside the garden. Quin Lei immediately went towards the garden and found him in the middle of the grass-covered ground and was in a deep nap. He crouched down and put his hand on his forehead, as expected, he developed a small fever. Before he took back his hand, Bai Zhishi woke up and stretched on the ground like a lazy cat. 

"Bai Zhishi, did you have a nice nap?"- Quin Lei asked him in a soft tone while he helped him sit up. Bai Zhishi looked at his way with a small smile and nodded. 

"Mhn, yes. The wind is a bit cold tho but the air is sweet and fresh. It was easy to fall asleep."- He said as he stood up by his side. Quin Lei only sighed in his heart, this guy is too carefree, why is he not unsuspecting of him or to where they are currently? He could only keep these questions inside his heart before he guided him back inside his courtyard with his hands on his waist, telling the other servants to prepare his bath and their meal.

"You'll eat breakfast with me?"- Bai Zhishi asked him while the servants bathed him on a large wooden bathtub on another section of his room.

"Yes, since it's still early. I will leave later to see someone. Just ask the servants what you want, and they will follow your orders."- Quin Lei said to him and he only hummed in response. The servants dressed him up and dried his hair before styling it with a silver crown.