2.17

The Emperor of the North told him, that there was an assassination attempt directed toward the Crown Princess. The guards and the secret guards were alerted and searched around the palace to find the Crown Princess that flee from danger.

After two hours, they found the Crown Princess running back inside the palace for safety, and everyone was looking for the culprits. After half an hour, they found three decapitated bodies near the night market and a few goons running away from the guards leading them away from the original tracks.

The other guards have now tightened up their security around the Crown Princess's palace and have taken a keen observation of the guests who were present inside the guest courtyards. 

"...What does the lady looks like?" Crown Prince Rainne asked the Emperor with curiosity evident in his eyes. This made the Emperor feel unhappy inside. Why was he interested in the female and not in the case? Was it because of the current events inside the Central City of Spring that made his way of thinking like this? Does his Emperor Father and Empress Mother started pushing him for a crown princess already?!

While he was having a storm inside his mind, Crown Prince Rainne tilted his head and looked at the blank and almost dazed look of the Emperor in front of him. Why is he suddenly stopping and going into a daze like this? Does he like the Crown Princess as well? Oh, that will spell trouble for him.

"Emperor Sigmund, are you perhaps... attracted to the Crown Princess of the Eastern City of Spring?" He asked in a slow and cautious manner. Emperor Sigmund snapped out of his dazed and glared at the kid in front of him. What kind of thoughts were running inside his head? To think he will ask this question to him!

"Don't think too much, I have no such interest towards that immature girl," Emperor Sigmund said with a frown and saw Crown Prince Rainne's enlightened expression after. 

"Is that so, I see. I'm glad if that's the case, since my parents want me to wed with the crown princess of this kingdom," He said and felt the temperature suddenly dropped within his vicinity. He looked at the side of the roof, it was clearly sunny today, how come it suddenly became cold?

Before the two of them could further talk, their servants walked towards them and told them that the Emperor and Empress of the kingdom wants to talk to them privately. They both rose from their seats and followed the palace servants who guided them to the throne study room of the Emperor. 

Outside of that place, the Empress of the Eastern City of Spring, just got out of the room and met eyes with Crown Prince Rainne. He greeted the Empress and he was invited to have tea inside her palace. 

"I heard that The Emperor of the North and the Crown Prince of the Central City of Spring were together, so I told the Emperor to invite you in passing," She said as the Crown Prince walk directly next to her. 

"I see, I heard from my Empress Mother that you are both well acquainted with each other, and told me to pass something to remind you of that friendship," Crown Prince Rainne said and turn to motion his servant to give the expensive looking box to the Empress. He also, noticed that the Empress visibly stiffened, and her  eyes stared at the box that was being handed towards her personal servant. Crown Prince Rainne thought that it was strange for the Empress of the Eastern City of Spring to turn quiet with an odd look on her face. 

Did his mother Empress twisted her words that she said to him and this box holds a blackmail against this foreign Empress?

"Crown Prince, the content of this box-" Just as the Empress started to question about this box, he knew that his gut feeling was correct.

"I was told to not open the box, just deliver it and tell the Empress about my Mother Empress' message towards you," Crown Prince Rainne said in a calm voice and held her gaze with his. 

"Don't forget the saving grace that cradled the Phoenix," After that, Crown Prince Rainne was sent to the celebratory hall after seeing the complicated expression from the Foreign Empress's face. He wanted to use his golden fingers, but decided against it. 

One, its just a small dispute between the two elders, he doesn't want to be involved in any of their affairs. Two, if it comes down to marriage, it will be a solid win for him since he needs to be closer and if possible, be with this Eastern Princess so that the harm that will come towards her will be halted by him. Third and last, he doesn't want to ruin the plot itself. 

Remembering the first world that he transmigrated and the large destruction of the place he once called home, he doesn't want to get such a big aftermath like before, especially now that he is one that will succeed the thrown sooner than later. 

"Crown Prince" San Xiao called his Crown Prince softly. He suddenly paused in the middle of the pathway that made the servants and the other nobles who were behind their entourage, troubled and whispering to themselves. 

"Hmm?" Crown Prince Rainne blinked twice and turn slightly back to look at San Xiao's complicated expression,

"Crown Prince, did you perhaps forgot something? this servant will grab it fast," San Xiao said and his eyes signaled his Crown Prince about the pathway. Crown Prince Rainne became aware fast and looked at the servants who were in front of him. 

"Lead me to my seat," Crown Prince Rainne said and the flow of the human traffic was restored. He went inside the celebratory hall and sat at the first line of seats that is also closer to the seats of the Eastern Royalties. 

"...San Xiao... The Crown Princess of this kingdom...she only reached fifteen of age, right?" Crown Prince Rainne asked San Xiao in a low tone. He nodded and told him that there's a hair-pinning ceremony right now for the Crown Princess. 

Rainne felt a bit foolish about not knowing the events that were very important for the old era. He took a mental note to study the history when he have a free time. 

The nobles soon started to go inside the celebratory hall and he watched as the familiar person entered the hall and sat next to his seat. 

"Emperor Sigmund?" Crown Prince Rainne tilted his head while staring at the man before him, it seems that he was in a bad mood. What kind of conversation did he and the Eastern Emperor talked about anyways?

A/N: Sneaking an Update from work :3c Hi Ghosts!!! I miss you all!!! TuT)

Say Hi! I miss you guys really qwq)/