2.19

Crown Prince Rainne looked back at the elevated platform and found that the Emperor and the Empress already fled the scene seeing that another set of smoke bombs appeared and spread inside the hall.

"Crown Princess, we have to go," Crown Prince Rainne said while he kept the lady secure in his embrace, but it was a bit awkward for the Crown Princess to stay still in his arms, especially since he was not familiar with her at all.

"Please let me go, I need to look for my Brother," The Crown Princess said and tried to pull away.

"Crown princess please, we have to go out first, we are both at risk of getting killed here," Crown Prince Rainne shouted amidst the chaos, Everyone was running in all directions, chaos and fear were all over the place, but the crown princess still persisted and break away from his hold, running to the opposite direction and closer where the smoke bombs were thrown earlier.

"Crown Princess!" Crown Prince Rainne shouted San Xiao pulled his sleeves hard, begging his prince to get out to safety but it was no use,

"San Xiao, get out and look for the others, we need to get out of here soon!" Crown Prince Rainne ordered him and rushed forward to danger.

San Xiao stood there fidgety watching the silhouette of his prince vanish not knowing what to do,

"You there, Where's the Crown Prince?" Suddenly, San Xiao heard a familiar voice, it was the emperor of the North!

"Emperor, please! My crown prince went inside the smoke! Please save him," San Xiao pleaded, begging him desperately to put his prince to safety.

Emperor Sigmund didn't waste any time being idle and went to the danger itself, what he heard inside made him surprised and excited.

"I SAID NO! I WON'T MARRY YOU! GO AWAY!"

"Ngh! Talk about this later, we need to get you to safety- urk!"

Emperor Sigmund heard the arrow piercing through the skin, he acted fast and located the two royals, one staggering away from the other, while the other was heavily injured.

"Rainne," Emperor Sigmund called his name with honorifics, cradling him to his arms, and saw his eyes were unfocused.

"Let's get you to safety," He said and carried the prince in his arms.

The crown princess seeing this, cannot help but get jealous and insulted by their gestures. She shouted at the emperor to save her too but all she got was an icy glare before they left the scene.

Emperor Sigmund went outside of the hall and met his and the crown prince's servants, waiting anxiously for them.

He ordered them to bring a physician over to the prince's room and they hurriedly walked to their destination.

The chaos was happening in the center of the palace but inside the courtyard of the Crown Prince Rainne, the atmosphere was tense.

"W-What is this poison? How could it spread so fast?!" The physician was anxious, he had never seen such poison that would aggressively rush through the blood veins! any moment now, the Crown Prince would die in vain!

"Tsk, are these physicians in this kingdom this outdated? San Xiao, where is the medicinal box that Wu Xiao gave us?" Yi Xiao asked and put matters in his hands to save his Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince's servants tended to his arrow wound while the Emperor, the royal physician, and a few idle servants waited outside of his bed chamber.

Emperor Sigmund's servants gave him a chair, tea, and a few delicacies while waiting in the other room.

"Find out who was the one behind the ambush, and make sure to keep an eye on those siblings," Emperor Sigmund said in a low voice, his secret guard accepted his mission and went away. He looked at the walls of the room and contemplated if he needed to go and visit the young prince again before he went back to his quarters.

The Emperor made up his mind and went towards the bed chambers of the Crown Prince and he overheard something inside the room.

"The crown prince lost too much blood, it's fortunate that the crown prince managed to have a skilled physician at the barracks to teach us or else, we would've lost him here,"

"This poison is not native to this kingdom, We need to bring it back to the base to develop an effective antidote for the crown prince,"

"The crown Prince's shoulder was injured, it would need a couple of months before he can get the same mobility again,"

"The mark on the Crown Prince's injured shoulder, was scarred too, let's see if it would heal back to its original form,"

Emperor Sigmund looked at the long winding hallway before him before he turned around and decided to leave the courtyard instead. It seems that he has a piece of information he doesn't want to know.

The Emperor decided to use his other secret guard to look into the background of the crown prince, and what he found out made him skeptical about the young prince.

The secret guard who reported back to Emperor Sigmund kept his head lowered on the floor. He didn't know that the secret of the young crown prince that the Emperor was sheltering was a GER! The information came from the place that the Crown Prince built for himself and it was not just for the other Gers who were being mistreated and killed without reason, it was literally a place for him to stay as well in case he got into a sticky situation.

"Burn these files to ashes. Do not let anyone know of this information," The Northern Emperor ordered and he swiftly executed the order.

Inside his dark chambers, Emperor Sigmund was thinking deeply, about the things that led to these events; he finally reached the answer after so long. It was for the well-being of the Crown Prince of the Central Spring.

'It's really a bad idea to get closer to him, this youngling, however, why does my heart yearn for his attention? Tch! This is really bad, I should leave his side now,' Emperor Sigmund stood up from his chair and looked at the cloudy night sky. By dawn, he will definitely leave by dawn.

 ***

Rainne was feeling very ill, his shoulder felt numb, and the sensation was spreading like fire throughout his body. He was feeling very scared, scared that he could not finish his mission in this mission world, scared that he might get locked inside the mission world again. While he was struggling, he remembered Suibian, his system, and he tried to call for him. 

One time, two times, three, five, ten. 

Continuously, slowly losing hope as he felt his energy seeping away. Rainne felt that it was getting harder for him to breathe, maybe... maybe it was the end for him?

[Soul! SOUL! Wake up!]

Rainne-no, Soul opened his blurry eyes and could not see in front of him, where was he? Is he still alive? Dead?

[Soul, you're not dead yet, your servants saved you from the poison, Please don't die here,]

It was Suibian, it was his system talking to him. From that point forward, Soul smiled weakly and closed his eyes one more time. Relieved that he was not alone in this foreign world. 

______

A/N: 

.... (^-^     )   (       ^-^)....

Uh... (ouo)... Hello? How are you?