Chapter 20

Chapter 20

As Jessica started to sway Alex quickly stepped forward and caught her before she hit the ground.

“Easy there, I got you.” Alex whispered as Jessica leant into him.

“Jess, where is Jacob?” Alex asked when he noticed the little boy not there.

“In the car.” Jess just got out and Alex relaxed a little.

“Emilia.” Alex yelled as he scoped Jessica into his arms.

“Oh my God Jess.” Emilia said covering her mouth as Alex walked past the.

“Emilia can you please get Jacob out the car and take the boy upstairs. They don’t need to see this.” Emilia nodded and ran out to the car collecting a crying Jacob and ran upstairs with Aiden and Jacob as Alex quickly set Jessica on the couch.

“I will be right back Jess.” Alex said as he ran into the bathroom and grabbed a cloth and the medical kit he kept in the cabinet.

When Alex came back into the lounge room Jessica was sitting up with her legs tucked into her chest. Alex slowly made his way over to her and gently touched her leg as Jessica looked up.

“I am going to clean you up ok?” Alex asked and Jessica nodded her head knowing that she needed the help. Alex gently lifted the warm cloth to her face and started to wipe away any dried blood. When Alex came across a large gash above her eye he had to remind himself to say calm and kill the bastard who touched her later.

“Jessica can you tell me what happened?” Alex asked as he placed a few steri strips above her eye to keep the gash closed.

“I thought we were safe, I didn’t think he would find us.” Jessica said so softly Alex had to strain to hear what she was saying. Jess started to shake and Alex dropped the cloth and sat on the couch pulling her into his arms.

“Hey it’s ok Jess, I am here for you. You are safe.” Jessica knew this, but she felt so guilty for bringing her problems to Alex.

“Jessica I know you are hurt elsewhere and I need you to show me so I can help ok.” Jessica shook her head not wanting to show Alex what he did to her.

“I don’t want to Alex.” She whispered like a child. Alex understood, but his first priority was to make sure that Jacob and Jessica were ok.

“Ok was Jacob hurt?” Jessica shook her head and Alex let out a breath he didn’t realise he was holding in.

“Jess I know you are scared at the moment, but before I can do anything I need to make sure that you are ok.” They both sat there until Jessica sat up and lifted her shirt.

Alex gasped when he saw Jessica’s chest and back littered with cuts and bruises. He saw that her ribs where a shade of black and blue he didn’t think was possible. Alex clenched his fist and stood up as he stared to pace.