Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Friday was here and Alex was rushing to get everything ready for this afternoon. The restaurant was booked, he had someone to take care of Aiden, so all Alex really needed to do was get ready and be there on time.

"Alex you are acting like a teenager going out on their first date." Alex glared at Andria while she laughed.

"Will you shut it already? I need to make sure everything is ready for Aiden before I leave." Alex ran his fingers through his hair wondering why he even agreed to this. He knew how much work was involved whenever he went out which was hardly ever.

"Alex everything is going to be ok. Your brother can take care of Aiden, he has three kids of his own." Alex knew Andria was right, but that didn't stop his worry. What parent didn't worry when they left their child at home while they went out. It was very rarely that he left Aiden by himself, not since he was little and Alex was scared how he was going to react considering he would be out most of the night.

"I know that, but I haven't left Aiden alone since he was a baby and I am scared how he is going to act. Plus I will miss him." Andria sighed knowing that Alex was overreacting again, he always overreacted when it came to Aiden. She understood where he was coming from, but the man needed to learn to have some fun.

"Alex take a deep breath." Andria placed her hands on his shoulders. Alex took a few deep breathes and felt himself calming down again. Alex stepped away from Andria's hands closing his eyes rubbing his temples knowing that he needed to stop stressing himself out over nothing when everything was going to be perfectly fine.

"Everything will be fine." Alex opened his eyes and saw Andria nodding her head with a knowing look. Alex looked at the clock sitting behind her desk and saw that it was time to go home and get ready. Alex was lucky that today had been a slow day meaning he wasn't busy running around like a chicken with no head.

Luck was on Alex's side today as there was hardly any traffic home even in peak hour in Sydney. He got out his car to pick up Aiden smiling at how early he was today unlike most days where he was late.

Even the ladies at the day-care were surprised when they saw Alex Costa walk in almost 40 minutes early.

"You finished early." Amanda asked as Aiden ran up to his father.

"Yeah, there was no traffic today, plus I got out of work a little earlier." Alex said as he picked up his son.

"Daddy." Alex smiled brightly at his name. Every time he heard those words come from Aiden's lips it lifted and brightened his day that he felt like he was made of Gods light.

"How was school buddy?" Alex ruffled his hair as Aiden started chatting happily about his day. Alex grabbed all of Aiden's belongings before waving goodbye to the day-care ladies goodbye as he left to head back home.

When they both arrived at home Aiden ran inside while Alex grabbed all their stuff from the car. He walked inside to find Aiden already taking out all of his toys. With a sigh he unpacked Aiden's bag while starting on dinner.

"Daddy come play." Alex looked over at Aiden with a smile as he stirred the sauce for dinner.

"In a second Aiden. Let Daddy finish dinner then I can come and play." Alex couldn't help, but chuckle when Aiden huffed stomping his little foot into the floor before walking away. Alex finished cooking dinner and went to play with Aiden before he had to leave.

"Daddy watch." Aiden played with a plane while Alex was playing with the car. After playing with his son for a few hours Alex went upstairs to run an early bath for Aiden who was happily trailing behind him. When the bath was ready Alex undressed Aiden who was eager to jump into the bath that was full of bubbles. Alex sat on the toilet seat as he watched Aiden playing with his bath toys and couldn't help, but smile as he watched Aiden.