Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Edited 

Alex was running late again, but that was nothing new. He knew he should've asked his mother for help this morning, but he was being his stubborn self as usual thinking he could do everything by himself. Picking up his suitcase he tried hard not to trip over the toys that were scattered around the living room floor. While trying to find his shoes Alex tried to pick up as many toys as he could wishing that his son would pick up after himself.

"Aiden baby, have you seen daddy's shoes?" He calls out, but is greeted with silence. He didn't have time to play games this morning as he was already running late. His boss was going to kill him.

"Aiden I don't have time to play. I am running late." He checks his watch again and groans when he saw the time.

"Aiden now!" He says in a stern voice that makes the giggling child come out of his hiding spot with his shoes. He quickly puts on his shoes picking up his suitcase and Aiden's bag.

"Come on Aiden." He grabs his son's hand pulling him out towards his car waiting in the driveway. Alex quickly straps Aiden in before pulling out of the driveway and into Sydney's Monday morning traffic. Tapping on his steering wheel Alex waited for the light to change wishing they would hurry up when his phone rang.

  "Hello." He answers as the lights change colour.

"Alex, its Andria." Alex kept in a groan of annoyance wondering what his assistance wants now.

"Yes Andria what is it that you need?" He hears papers rustling in the background and he knows it isn't going to be good. Just what he wanted on a Monday morning.

"I just wanted to remind you that you need to pick up the advertising boards on the way through."

"Shit!" He slam on the brakes beeping his horn at the idiot in front of him who just cut him off trying to jump across lanes.

 "Daddy say bad word." Aiden says in the back seat causing Andria laughs through the phone.

"I know baby. Thanks for the reminder Andria." She hangs up and Alex finally arrives at Aiden's day-care. He jumps out the car quickly grabbing Aiden's bag not believing he forgot about the advertising boards.

"Running a bit late today Alex." Michelle, Aiden's teacher asked as he rushed to sign Aiden in for the day.

"Ok Aiden, you be good today. I will pick you up this afternoon." Alex goes to leave, but Aiden clings onto his legs and starts crying. Alex looks at his watch in frustration wishing for once his son would just go into day-care without any haste.

"Aiden Daddy doesn't have time today. So you stay with your teachers and I will be back later." He goes to leave but Aiden puts up a fight.

"Daddy don't leave." Alex sighs bending down to the same level as his son.

"Daddy will be back. I have to go to work so I can buy you lots of toys." Aiden stops crying when he hears the word toys as if they were the magic word he was looking for the whole time.

"Toys?" He ask in wonder as Alex checks his watch again.

"Yes toys, so you be a big boy and stay with your teachers." He quickly steps back before Aiden clings to him again making it all the harder to leave.

"I will be back later. I love you." Alex quickly left as Aiden was about to cry knowing that he was in good hands. Aiden was at a stage where he never wants to leave your side and clings to you like a bear. Sometimes it is a good thing as he hardly leaves Alex's side, however there are times where Alex wished that Aiden would just leave him without the tears and tantrum.