Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Alex was running very late the next morning. Aiden was up all night with nightmares meaning he got next to no sleep. The only reason he was up and rushing around the house was because Emilia rang the doorbell around 11 dressed and ready to go, while Alex was still in his boxer shorts with nothing ready.

"Make yourself at home. I will try and be quick." Emilia knew Alex's life could get very hectic when he was running late and she was getting her first glimpse at how busy and chaotic it could be.

While Alex was up stairs getting himself and Aiden ready Emilia thought she would help out be getting Aiden's bag ready knowing exactly what went into it.

"Aiden get back here." Alex roared through the house as Emilia saw a flash of nudity run past the stairs.

"You can't catch me." Aiden giggled playfully as his father chased after him in only a towel. Alex thought to save time they would have a shower together however Aiden thought it would be funny to muck around and not listen to his father.

"Aiden you better come to me on the count of three otherwise you will be in so much trouble. 1." Emilia had never seen or heard Alex raise his voice at Aiden because he was mostly an angel around her.

"2." Emilia saw the little boy quickly running towards his father and she giggled knowing that Aiden was in so much trouble. While Alex dealt with a naughty Aiden Emilia grabbed some read making both her men some toast.

Once Alex managed to get Aided dressed after much hustle he quickly dressed in jeans and a nice button up shirt knowing his mother would torture him if he turned up in anything else but. Even though it wasn't formal his mother still believed in them all dressing nice for lunch.

Alex spiked his and Aiden's hair as Aiden tried to unbutton his shirt.

"Aiden please stop that, we are running so late. You don't want to make grandma angry do you?" Aiden quickly shook his head knowing if his grandma found out he was naughty he wouldn't get any ice-cream.

Once Alex was dressed he knew he was very late. Lunch normally starts at around 12:30 and it was almost 12. Oh he was going to be in so much trouble from his ma. Alex quickly grabbed his wallet and keys and was surprised when he saw Emilia standing at the bottom of the stairs with Aiden's bag his travel mug of coffee and bags holding food.

"Emmy." Aiden ran over to her hugging her legs.

"You are the best Emilia. What would I do without you?" Alex kissed the side of her head as he ushered them all out the house. Once Aiden was strapped in Emilia gave him the toast to munch on until lunch.

"I am so sorry about running late. Don't worry Ma wont blame you." Emilia was nervous that they were running late. She wanted to make a good impression on his family and being late wasn't one of them.

"It is ok Alex." While Alex drove he ate his toast and his stomach grumbled for more food causing Emilia's laughter to fill the car and drown out the radio playing softly in the background. By the time they turned up to his mother's place Emilia was nervous and Alex wanted to hide knowing if he was on time lunch would of already begun.

"I don't want to go in." Alex said as Aiden watched them both in the background.

"Ma is going to kill me for begin late." Emilia chuckled finding it funny how a grown man could be scared of his mother. Sighing Alex got out the car grabbing Aiden for safety reasons. He walked up to his parents house hand in hand and opened the door knowing his Ma never locks it.

"Alex you're here.' His brother Damien yelled chuckling when he saw his younger brother creeping into the house.

"Shh Damien I don't want Ma to know I am here yet." However luck wasn't on Alex's side as his Ma came into the room holding a wooden spoon her face portraying anything, but the loving mother that she is.