Chapter 22

Chapter 22

When Alex woke the next morning he had no idea where he was. His head was throbbing and his mouth tasted like a sewer. Groaning he clutched his head and sat up realising he was on a couch.

“Jesus Christ.” The moment the words left his mouth someone smacked him over the head not helping is already pounding headache.

“Don’t use the lord’s name like that.” Alex hissed at the sound of his mother’s voice.

“What happened last night?” Alex grabbed the cup of water from his mother taking the small white pills hoping it would kill his headache.

“You don’t remember. You and Emilia drank and drank. Your brother wasn’t any better. We had to drag you all back here because you were so intoxicated.” Alex nodded his head. That explains the pounding in his head.

“Where is Aiden and Emilia?” Alex asked as he stood up still in his suit pants.

“Emilia just got up and is outside where everyone else is.” Alex nodded and walked outside following the smell of coffee.

“You are amazing.” Alex said snatching the cup out of Damien’s hand and taking a huge sip.

“That was mine you dick.” Alex just pushed him away and took a seat next to Emilia who like the rest of them look like they got hit with a train.

“Morning.” Alex kissed Emilia’s head and closed his eyes soaking up the sun.

“Man my head is killing me.” They all turned and say Crustal walk out with Robert.

“You are not the only one.” Damien fired back as his new cup of coffee got stolen again by Crystal.

“Can everyone stop taking my coffee!” Damien pouted as his wife came out with a new cup. “Thankyou hunny.” Alex rolled his eyes having no idea how his brother was going to cope with twins.

All of Alex’s family sat outside enjoying the silence as they nursed there ragging hangovers and watching Aiden play in the backyard.

“Breakfast is ready.” Sofia sung out causing everyone to groan and grab their heads. Everyone goes inside as Alex and Emilia stay outside to tired and lazy to move.

“I had fun last night.” Emilia said and Alex hummed.

“I am glad you did.” Aiden opened his eyes just in time to see Aiden running over and jumping into his lap.

“Daddy.” Aiden yelled and Alex screwed up his face as did Emilia.

“Hey baby boy. Did you have fun last night?” Aiden nodded and snuggled into his father.

“We better go in and get some food before everyone eats it all.” Alex smiled knowing that his mother cooked more than enough.  When Alex went inside he wasn’t surprised to see everyone eating in silence nursing hangovers that they all regret.