Chapter 5

Chapter 5-Edited 

Alex woke the next morning to a small bundle of joy bouncing right next to him.

"Daddy." Aiden yelled throwing himself onto his dad.

"Morning Aiden." Alex wiped the tiredness out of his eyes before smiling at his son. Aiden snuggled into his father's chest as Alex wrapped his arms around the small child. They were both enjoying being in each other's arms when Aiden looked up at his father with curious eyes.

"Daddy, where mummy?" Aiden looked up at his father wondering what he did wrong when he saw his daddy crying.

Alex felt tears run down his face at the innocent question that came from his son. His heart tightened in his chest as he thought of Aiden's mother Maria. Alex's chest heaved up and down as sobs shook his body.

"Mummy is with the angels, mummy is with the angels." Alex finally whispered to his son while Aiden sat there confused why his mummy was with the angels and not daddy.

"Does mummy not love me?" Alex watched as Aiden's blue eyes shimmered with tears and his bottom lip begin to tremble. Alex knew the day would come, but he didn't think Aiden would ask at this age.

"Oh my little man. Mummy loves you very much, but mummy is special and even though she is with the angels she will always be with us, in here." Alex placed his trembling hand on Aiden's small chest over his heart. Aiden sniffled and scrunch up his face wondering why his mummy would be in his body.

"Ok." Aiden smiled up at his father happy with the answer, but still wondered why he was crying. Alex sat up and looked at his son who was now smiling.

"Aiden why don't you go down and see Uncle Damien." Aiden jumped off his father's bed and all, but ran out the door to his uncle clutching his blanket to him. When Aiden left Alex's room Alex found himself struggling to breathe as he stumbled his way into the shower. Hearing Aiden ask about his mum Maria was something Alex was wishing he didn't have to explain until Aiden was much older.

Alex turned on the shower not bothering to test the temperature before stepping in and breaking down. Even after all these years he still struggled with the loss of the love of his life.

Meanwhile Damien was reading the paper when he saw Aiden at the top of the stairs. He quickly rushed over and ran up the stairs two at a time when he saw that he left the gate unlocked. Aiden was giggling at his silly uncle as Damien closed the gate making his way down the stairs with a bouncing Aiden in his arms.

"Guess what Uncle Dam." Damien put the bouncing child down as he looked at his nephew wondering what he knows.

"What Aiden?"

"Daddy say mummy with angwls and she is in here." Aiden placed his small hand on his chest and Damien stiffened at his nephew's news.

"Really." Aiden nodded his head while Damien knew that Alex had sent Aiden down wanting to be alone.

"Hey Aiden why don't you be a good boy and watch some tv while I go up and see your Daddy." Damien saw Aiden's eyes light as he rushed over to the couch waiting for his uncle to hurry up.

Damien put on Thomas and quickly rushed upstairs to his brother's room. Damien didn't bother knocking as he rushed in finding the room empty. He slowly made his way over to the bathroom door and knocked wanting to make sure Alex was fine.

Alex didn't hear his brother knocking on the door over the water pouring down his back. Damien stepped into the bathroom and the first thing he heard was his younger brother crying. He quickly grabbed a towel and went over to the shower when he saw the state of Alex.