Chapter 27

Chapter 27

“Aiden please.” Alex coughed deeply and he sniffled as he tried to get Aiden dressed for the day.

“No I hate you.” Aiden yelled running away and Alex sank into the lounge covering his eyes as he cried. It was like this every morning since Emilia left 5 months ago. Aiden would yell and scream as Alex tried to get him ready and he couldn’t do it anymore.

He couldn’t deal with Aiden anymore. He couldn’t deal with work anymore. He just couldn’t deal with anything. His life had been hell these last 5 months. Aiden would cry every night and yell at Alex saying how much he hated him.

He would scream and pull out his hair and throw things around the room and there was nothing he could do for his little boy aside from hold him as he overcame his anxiety and distress. He took Aiden to the doctor and said there was nothing they could really do for him considering he was so young.

Alex sat on the couch listening to Aiden scream as he cried wishing his boy wasn’t hurting so much. When Aiden stopped screaming Alex looked up to see Aiden standing next to where he was sitting dressed.

“I sorry.” Alex pulled Aiden into his arms kissing the top of his head.

“It’s ok Aiden. Daddy loves you lots.” Once Alex got everything ready for work he dropped Aiden off at his mother’s making sure he didn’t stay.

Over the last few months Alex has spent less time at the office, but still worked long hours from home so he would be able to look after Aiden as well as work. Most days Aiden came in with him as he refused to go to pre-school anymore.

Whenever he had to travel he had to take Aiden with him despite his mother’s protesting. Aiden had travelled more than most adults in the last 5 months as Alex flat out refused to leave him at home with his mother while he was away on business.

Pulling into work Alex looked at himself and knew he looked like shit, but that wasn’t anything new. His skin had turned pasty with dark purple circles under his eyes from countless sleepless night due to work or Aiden having nightmares.

His hair was untamed and his body stiff from not getting outside enough to exercise. Sighing Alex knew his life wasn’t getting any better soon so he carried on with his day trying not to be bitter. Alex made it to his office and stumble in coughing as Andrea gave him a disappointed look.

“Alex go home. You have been sick for the last few days and don’t say it is nothing because you look like shit.” Alex dismissed Andrea and sat at his table and rested his head trying to sooth the migraine that he could feel coming at him like a train. 

When the phone rang Alex was less than happy to answer it. “Hello Alex Costa.” His voice croaked as he held back a cough.

“Alex, Philip said to remind you that in a month you are going to the companies in the USA for 2 weeks.” Alex nodded forgetting that Andrea couldn’t see him. Alex started coughing again and he could here Andrea sigh on the other end.