Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Edited 

Friday had come around too quickly for Alex. It had officially been 4 week since Alex asked Emilia out and 3 weeks since they had officially become a couple. Alex was getting smashed at work lately, but he still found time in his day to call Emilia even if it was for a brief conversation even though they texted each other throughout the day.

They were taking it slow and even though Emilia knew about Aiden she had still yet to meet him as he was hesitant to bring someone new into Aiden's life and Emilia understood this as they had talked about it once.

He knew that Emilia should meet Aiden soon, but he was worried that if they didn't work out, how would Aiden cope because he didn't want Aiden to become attached only to lose another mother figure.

Sighing Alex finished up the report on the Greenberg file which he managed successfully sell a pitch for. He looked at the files spread across his desk knowing he needed to quickly finish up the pitch before he even attempted to start the Melrose pitch and start looking at the file.

He knew he needed to finish all this paper work up, but he found himself resting his head on his desk closing his eyes for a few seconds knowing he needed the rest.

"Alex." Andrea poked her head in to see Alex resting his head on his desk.

"Hey you ok?" Alex looked up and Andrea could see bags underneath Alex's eyes and his face looked a little hallow.

"Yeah, just haven't been getting much sleep." Alex sighed as Andrea shut the door walking into his office and taking a seat across from him.

"Are you still worried about Emilia meeting Aiden?" Alex shook head. That was part of his sleepless nights, but the other part was his little boy not feeling the best.

"That and Aiden has been keeping me up all night with a bad cough and a sore chest." Alex hated seeing his little boy in pain. It breaks his heart every time Aiden starts crying due to his chest being sore from continuously coughing and at times Alex thought he was for sure going to crack a rib with the deep coughing.

"Have you book a doctor's appointment yet?" Alex nodded, he finally booked one when he realised it wasn't a normally cold and Aiden wasn't getting any better with the medicine he had at home.

"Yes, however I could only get us in on Sunday afternoon. I just hope little man is ok until then." Alex started coughing knowing he would most likely catch whatever Aiden hasd. Alex hated when Aiden came home with a cold from school because in less than a few days Alex would end up sick having to look after himself and a sick Aiden.

"Ok you must give me ring to tell me how it goes." Alex groaned when his phone started ringing again. He wished he could throw it away as it had been ringing all week and it was starting to piss him off.

"You want me to get that?" Alex waved his hand knowing it was Jessica getting back to him.

"Hey Jessica." Alex saw Andrea raise an eyebrow while he rolled his eyes.

"How have you been Alex and how is little Aiden?" Jessica was the first to pick up that Aiden was getting sick. Jessica had been looking after him while he went out for a bit with Emilia. When he came back Jessica told him that Aiden had a slight fever and was complaining about his chest being sore.

"He is still sick. I got him a doctor's appointment for Sunday afternoon so hopefully he will be fine until I can get him something." Jessica could hear the pain in Alex's voice. She knew exactly what that was like. She hated seeing her Jacob in pain when she could do nothing. It is a parent's natural instinct to feel pain when there child is in pain.