Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Two days after Christmas Alex found himself sitting behind his desk at work completing mountains of paper work. He wished he could be at home with Aiden and Emilia, but Philip called him in saying he needed to work.

“Alex we have a meeting in 20 minutes.” Philip said poking his head into Alex’s office as he rushed around trying to find the file needed for the meeting.

“Alex I have the file.” Philip said holding it up as Alex quickly fixed himself up getting ready for the meeting. The meeting wasn’t as long as Alex though and it seemed to car ride there was longer then what the actual meeting was.

“So Alex what are your plans for next year.” Philip asked as they waited in traffic to get back to the office.

“Nothing much. I plan to ask Emilia to marry me soon and hopefully we can have the wedding around the middle of the year.” Philip smiled glad that Alex was moving on with his life.

“What about kids?” Alex smiled. Even though they hadn’t decided when they wanted kids they had talked about wanting kids.

“I think it is too soon for another kid. I would like to married for at least a year, but if Emilia does end up pregnant then I won’t be complaining.” Philip nodded as Alex imagined like many times Emilia carrying his child inside of her. When they arrived back at the empty office both the men went into their offices and got back to the work that needed to be done.

When it was almost time to go home he called Emilia and said that he would pick up dinner on the way home.

“Alex can I see you in my office before you go.” Philip paged him and Alex groaned ready to stab Philip if he had more work for Alex to complete for the next day. Alex knew after dinner tonight he would be holed up in his office in a mad rush to finish the paper work that was due the next day. Alex looked at his watch and saw it was nearly time to clock off so he packed up everything into his bag and made his way to Philip’s door.

When Philip heard the knocking on the door he stood up and opened it and invited Alex in with a warm smile.

“So Alex I wanted to talk to you.” Alex fidgeted in his seat wondering if he had done something wrong over the last few weeks.

“What I am about to say has to stay between us for the mean time. You won’t be able to tell anyone not even Emilia.” Alex frowned knowing he didn’t like to keep things from Emilia because keeping secrets caused issues that weren’t needed.

“Ok.” Alex said unsure of himself. Philip sat back in his chair and stood up as he walked in front of his desk leaning against it.

“As you know Alex I have been in this business for a very long time and never have I come across as something as brilliant minded as you.” Ale smiled shyly not used to getting praise form Philip like this.

“As you also know I am getting old. I am 75 Alex and my health is going downhill and it time I leave the company.” Alex’s eyes went wide as he sat up in his chair.