Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Edited 

Alex was running beyond late on Monday morning. Due the fact that he slept on the lounge the night before and he didn't hear his alarm go off in the morning.

"Aiden, buddy, you ready yet?" Alex quickly stuffed some toast into a bag and found Aiden putting his clothes on back to front.

"Oh Aiden." He quickly dressed Aiden before running through his mental check list. Once he knew he had everything he rushed Aiden into the car passing him the bag with toast in it.

"Daddy we fogot, my bag." Alex swore under his breath before quickly rushing back inside to grab Aiden's bag.

Alex quickly dropped Aiden off at school and was glad there was no troubles this morning. Alex pulled into peak hour traffic as he impatiently tapped his finger against his wheel. Alex looked at the clock to see he was already half an hour late to work. Groaning he rang up Andrea to inform her of his situation.

"Alex where the hell are you?" Was the first thing she said when Alex called her.

"I am running so late and stuck in traffic. Please tell me I had no meeting this morning." Andrea sighed as she looked at his timetable for the day.

"You have two this morning." Alex slammed his hand onto his wheel while swearing.

"Ok I need you to reschedule them for this afternoon please." He looked at the traffic as he slowly made his way onto the Harbour Bridge.

"Ok I will do that in a second for you." Alex hung up and relaxed as he waited for traffic to get moving again. When he was halfway across the bridge his phone rang again.

"Hello." He all, but grunted into the car speaker.

"Someone isn't in a good mood this morning." A feminie voice filled the car space and Alex wished he answered in a much nicer tone

"Emilia." Alex said surprised and felt like banging his head against the wheel for forgetting to call her back.

"I was just calling you back. I figured you were busy and wanted to see if you wanted to come out with some friends and I sometime this week." Alex moved forward about 5 meters wishing this traffic would hurry up so he could get to work.

"I would love too. Where to you plan to go?" thinking maybe go out for dinner and a drink.

"We were thinking of hitting the clubs." Alex sighed at how old he felt. He hadn't been to the clubs since he was 18 and he was only 24.

"If you don't wanna come it cool we can go out another time." Alex could hear the disappointment in her voice making him feel guilty for sighing.

"How about I see. I will need to find someone to babysit Aiden for the night and my work schedule it pretty hectic at the moment." Emilia smiled on the other end hoping that Alex would be able to make it.

"Okay cool well I'll text you what time and day we plan to go. Well I gotta go shift is about to start, but talk to you later." Alex said his goodbye and sighed at how late he was going to be for work.

Half an hour later Alex finally turned up to work. He rushed into the building and all, but ran out of the elevator into his office. The moment he walked in he saw Philip Braxton sitting at his desk.

"You finally decided to show up." Alex loosened his tie and closed his office door.

"Sorry I was stuck in Traffic." He didn't want to mention he slept in as well.

"Well I am glad you are here because I need you to pack your bags. We are flying out in 3 hours. We have a business meeting to attend in New York for the rest of the week." Alex opened his mouth knowing there was no way he could leave Aiden for a week.