Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Edited 

Alex woke the next morning to the sounds of giggling and the smell of breakfast. He slowly opened his eyes to see his son sitting in front of the couch giggling at the tv. Alex yawned rubbing his eyes wishing he had more sleep. He sat up and groaned at the stiffness in his neck from sleeping on the couch the whole night.

At the sound of his groaning Aiden looked away from the tv to his dad.

"Daddy." Alex quickly reacted catching Aiden as he threw himself onto his lap.

"Morning little man." Aiden bounced on Alex's leg already energised, ready to play. Alex sometimes wished that Aiden was still a baby where all he did was sleep all day. Aiden was a good baby, slept through the nights and gave very little fuss, but now he is a little monster who is always on the go and always into something he shouldn't be.

"Daddy, Thomas." Aiden points to the tv as Alex rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Yeah it is Thomas." Aiden giggled pointing at the tv again. Yawning Alex settled into the couch with Aiden snuggled between his body and arm. The doorbell rang and Alex was too lazy to get up and answer it so instead he closed his eyes as Aiden sits quietly watching tv.

"Really Alex, still asleep." Alex opened his eyes to see his older brother Damien smirking at him.

"Knock off will you." Alex grumbles wondering why on earth he was over at Mums. Alex looked down at his son whose eyes were still glued to the tv screen.

"Whoa this is the single life Alex, Thomas and late nights. Why did I ever get married when I could have all this?" Alex looked at his brother shaking his head.

"Don't you have a wife and kids of your own to pester?" Alex asked and jumped when Aiden started chanting Thomas.

"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas." Aiden jumped up from the couch and started waddling around the living room. Alex watched amused at his son who is still getting used to the idea of running.

Damien watched his nephew running around the living room wondering how on earth his brother managed to do this all by himself. Damien looked at his brother and noticed the dark circles under his eyes knowing that Alex is slowly killing himself between work and Aiden.

"Alex you really need to take a break." Damien said knowing Alex didn't want to hear it, he never did.

"Take a break from what Damien, work, Aiden? I get enough mouth from mum and our sister why do you all have to keep pestering me? I am coping fine. Yes it is hard, but what else am I meant to do? Tell me Damien because I sure as hell would like to know." Alex stood up from the couch, picking up his son in the process and went upstairs to his old room.

Sophia walked into the lounge room to see Damien sitting by himself stressed.

"What did you do Damien?" She asked and Damien sighed looking at his mother.

"I was just talking to Alex Ma, you know how he gets." Sophia sighed wishing that Alex would listen to them all. The front door opened and Sophia watched as her daughter walked in.

"Hey Ma, what's with the long faces." Crystal asked knowing that Alex probably threw a tantrum again. Sophia looked at her daughter who looked so much like her.

"Just Alex being Alex. Anyway breakfast is ready." They all walked into the kitchen where Fabian was waiting at the table. Sophia severed up breakfast and she sat down once her family was served. Later Alex walked in with Aiden in his arms while he was on that damn phone of his.