Chapter 18

>>> The ring ( It is not what you think it is.)

Chapter 18

The following week was madness for both Alex and Emilia. Between work and getting everything ready for Aiden's party left little time for themselves. At work Philip was hounding and pushing him to be more involved in different clients and more involved in the business.

By the time Alex came home on Friday afternoon with Aiden, he was ready to crash, but he had so much to do to prepare for tomorrow. Alex had planned while Aiden was outside playing at his party he would slip away with his brother to pick up Aiden new bed frame.

"Daddy is Emmy coming tonight?" Alex smiled up at Aiden from his slumped position on the couch.

"Yeah she should be here soon, so we better get dinner ready." Aiden clapped his hands and dragged his sleepy father into the kitchen.

"How do you feel about tacos?" Aiden nodded his head As Alex grabbed him a chair to help.

"Aiden can you put the sour cream into a bowl for daddy." Aiden jumped off his seat grabbing a bowl before standing back up on his chair. Alex turned back to the stove and cooked up the meat, transferring it into another owl when finished. Once Alex finished cooking the meat he turned around and wasn't surprised to see Aiden playing with the sour cream.

"What am I going to do with you Aiden?" Alex sighed grabbing a wet cloth to wipe up the mess Aiden made. Alex cut up the lettuce and tomato's when the doorbell rang singling that Emilia was here.

"Aiden can you start setting the table for Daddy?" Aiden nodded his little head while Alex went to the door.

"Hey Alex." Emilia said leaning in giving him a kiss as she bought in her overnight bag.

"Hey." Alex went to put Emilia's bag in his room while Emilia walked into the kitchen to see Aiden setting the table in the most unusual way.

"Hey Aiden." Aiden stopped what he was going and ran over to Emilia jumping into her arms.

"I miss you." Aiden said snuggling his face into Emilia's shoulder.

"I missed you to Aiden." Emilia kissed the side of his head as she walked over to the table and fixed the way Aiden had set the table. When Alex came back downstairs he found Emilia carrying Aiden around and setting up the table.

"Really Aiden." Aiden looks at his father with puppy dog eyes that he find hard to resist.

After Alex got the final bits together for dinner everyone sat down and started to dig into the food.

"How was work today?" Emilia asked and Alex let out a loud groan.

"Don't even get me started on work. This week has just been insane." Emilia nodded her head knowing what that feeling is like. This week she had three people leave and had to find three new staff and give everyone longer hours to pick up the slack.

"That bad?" Alex nodded and looked at Aiden who was making a mess of his food.

"How was your day?"

"Busy. One of my female members went on maternity leave and 2 left. So I had to find new staff and increase everyone's work hours until I can hire 3 new people." Both of the adults sighed as they continued eating.

"You excited for tomorrow Aiden?" Emilia asked as Aiden's head popped up from his plate.

"Yes, I want lots of presents." Alex shook his head while Emilia laughed.

"Emilia would you be able to get Aiden into a bath while I clean up." Alex asked after everyone had finished eating.

"Sure let's go Aiden." Emilia took Aiden up stairs and into the bathroom where the little boy was already taking of his clothes before she could even start the water.