Chapter 20: Just Like Me

- 16 Weeks Pregnant -

"So," I mumbled to my mom as I ate another spoonful of cereal, "I found this group for teens like me. I thought I'd go check it out."

She nodded, running her hands down the front of her scrubs to dry them, "That sounds like fun. When?"

"Today." I nodded, "I called and apparently theres a bunch of girls in my situation."

She slowly nodded and grabbed her coffee cup, sitting down at the table beside me, "When do you plan on telling people?"

I sighed, "Get right to the chase." I mumbled, "I figured I would wait until..." I shrugged, "I don't know. I don't think I have the right to tell people." I bit my cheek and ran my hands over my stomach, "These are Justin's babies. I can't just tell the world without his permission."

My mom sighed, "Sweetie, these babies are just as much yours as they are his. You tell the world when you feel like it."

"What if I never feel like it?"

She shrugged and set down her cup, "Then don't tell the world, but you have to tell Cody and Ben." When she saw the look on my face she sighed, "Look, Serrina, in a few months they'll be family. You can't just keep this pregnancy a secret. You're barely hiding it now."

I bit my lip, "How soon?" Then I looked p at her and sighed, "I mean, this wedding. You're getting married. When?"

"3 months." She quickly replied, "And I need you to tell them so I can get you fitted for the dress."

I frowned and shook my head, "What dress?"

"The Maid of Honour dress." She gasped, "Wait, did I forget to ask you? Shit!"

I slapped both hands over my mouth, "Oh. My. God. Mom!" I pushed myself out of the chair and grabbed my stomach, "Seriously?"

She smiled and opened her arms for me to hug her. I wrapped my arms around her torso and she laughed in my ear as I hugged her.

"Okay," She laughed, "As much as I want to stay and talk wedding plans, I have to get to work. Go to that group thing. I want to hear all about it at dinner." She sighed and stood up, "And think about telling the boys about the babies."

I nodded, "Have a good day." then she quickly bent down and kissed me on my cheek, "Love you."

"Love you too."

She left the room and I waited until the door slammed closed before I sat back down in front of my cereal bowl. The TV continued to play from the other room as I sat at the table, now unable to eat.

I was going to be the Maid of Honour.

I had to tell Cody I was pregnant.

And I really didn't want to...

******

I pushed the heavy metal door open and stepped into the massive room. I was immediately hit with a strong floral perfume, so potent it nearly knocked me on my feet.

I squished my nose up and looked around at all the girls. Every single one in the room was at varying points in their pregnancies. After a few seconds of gawking, one girl made eye contact with me and walked over.

Her red hair flowed behind her and her freckle covered face was flawless, not a pimple in sight. She smiled at me, "Hey. First timer. Welcome to the worst place ever." Then she crossed her arms and stuck her practically non-existent belly out, "I only say that because most of the girls here are hormonal and miserable, but we can have fun."

I smiled at her. She kind of reminded me of Krystal, "Im Serrina."

"Nice to meet you Serrina." She mumbled, "You're gonna love it here." Then the door behind me opened and she jumped, "Felecia, come here. Look who showed up at group!"

The new girl was a blonde with hair that fell down to her mid back. Her large bely was sticking out was past her boobs and she was holding her back. She looked me over with her blue eyes then shrugged, "I don't know her."

"Obviously, she's new." Then she held her hands out at me like she was announcing, "Meet Serrina. She's..." She paused, "How far along are you?"

"16," I mumbled.

Lacy glanced at my belly and frowned, "You're massive. Im 17 weeks and you're like, twice my size."

I shrugged, "Yeah, I've been told twins take up more room."

"Twins?" Now the blonde, Felicia was talking, "I don't even know how Im going to deal with one."

"Shut up," Lacy snapped, "Matt is totally supportive. He's the best boyfriend ever." Then she turned to me, "No offence if you've got a boyfriend."

I shook my head, "No, I don't have a boyfriend." Then the girls start a new conversation, "How old are you guys?"

"We're both 16. Best friends since we were 2. Ironically, got pregnant within the same year." Lacy shrugged, "Pretty cool, huh? What about you?"

I smiled, "15, almost 16. Your first babies then, right?"

"And last." Felicia groaned and started walking to the circle of chairs. They were set up in the middle of the room like an AA meeting.

"Don't say that." I mumbled, "I've heard they get easier after you have one."

Then the room erupted in noise and two more girls walked in. I turned to see them and almost fell out of my seat at their total beauty. They were both dark skinned, both had model like bodies if it weren't for their large bellies. They were close to full term, but not anywhere near as close as Felicia.

The first girl was the one who was talking. Her hair fell in braids all the way down her back and she had a hoop in her nose. Her skin was perfect and her lips were full. She was wearing almost no makeup but she didn't need it. She was slightly rounder than the second girl.

The other was shorter than the first and had a short bob of hair. She was a litter bit lighter toned than the first girl was but she had the same beautiful skin and full lips.

"Hey, girlies!" The bigger one called then walked straight to us, "You found a newbie. I'm Paris." She stuck her hand out in my direction and smiled, "Ya'll don't gotta be scared of me. Im just a loud mouth." I shook her hand, "This here is my girl Raquel."

Raquel smiled at me.

"I'm Serrina."

Paris widened her eyes and nodded, "I knew it! I recognized you from somewhere."

My heart started to race. Was this how I was going to get outed?

"You dated Connor." I swallowed hard and nodded, "Girl. Me and him grew up together. You broke that poor boy's heart."

I let out a short laugh, "I know."

"Then you're with Justin Bieber?" I glanced past Paris to Raquel and saw the other three girls roll their eyes.

"Shit, Girl!" Paris gasped and spun around to her other friend, "You ain't got no filter!"

The other two laughed, "Just ignore them. We won't say anything. It's a rule of group." Lacy laughed, "They won't say anything either. They're just big fans of yours."

I felt my face turn a little red, "Theres nothing about my to be a fan of."

Felicia shook her head, "Don't tell them that. You'll break their poor chocolate hearts."

I smiled and looked around the the four girls surrounding me.

I could get used to this, I thought, This could be a good thing.

For anybody wondering:

Raquel - 29 Weeks, Paris - 32 Weeks, Lacy - 17 Weeks, Felicia -38 Weeks