Chapter 31: Fall

- 27 Weeks Pregnant -

When I woke up Justins face was inches away from mine and he was smiling like an idiot. I rubbed my eyes and adjusted the pillow between my knees, "Good morning," I mumbled at him. 

"Good morning," He whispered to me. I could smell his breath was minty. He had already brushed his teeth?

"Why are you awake so early?" I rubbed the crust out of my eyes and started to push myself up but then felt something on my feet. I looked down and suddenly it all clicked, "I forgot."

He chuckled, "It's been 2 years since we first met." Then he reached down and grabbed the box on the bed, "It's just something small."

I stared at him for a second and slowly took the box from him, "I didn't get you anything."

He shrugged, "I don't care. You're giving me babies."

I laughed at that and pulled the ribbon off the top the lifted the lid. Inside I saw a few pieces of folded up paper and under it an envelope. I grabbed the paper first and unfolded it. At the top was written 'Fall' followed by an entire song and music.

I looked at him, "What is this?"

He shrugged, "I wrote it." Like it was the simplest thing he could have done, "We will have to change some lyrics for the studio version but this is for you first."

I read it through and then turned to him and wrapped my arms around his chest, "You're so stupid," I mumbled and rubbed my eye, this time to wipe away a tear, "Why would you do that?" Then I sat up straight and took a deep breath, using the back of my hands to blot away more tears. I sighed and put the paper on the bed beside me, placing her face between my plans and kissing him, "I love you."

He smiled at me, "There's more."

I groaned and reached back into the box, pulling the envelope out. It was fairly heavy for a piece of paper. I used my finger to open it and reached inside. My fingers brushed against something cold and I dumped it out onto my hand. It was a small silver key.

My jaw dropped, "I swear to God if you bought us another house I will kill you,"

Justin laughed at me and shook his head, "No, its for next week. I'm taking you somewhere special. That's your clue."

"Oh," I suddenly felt giddy, "So it's a scavenger hunt?"

"Not really," He mumbled, "Sorry,"

I shook my head and dropped the key on the bed too before grabbing his face and kissing him again. Then I sighed, "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

******

Justin had taken the song to Scooter, or Scott, to go over and alter for his next album. 

While he was gone, Ashley and Connor had shown up at the house and forced me to get dressed. Currently Ashley was sitting on my lap doing my makeup while Connor played on his phone.

"So," I mumbled, "Tell me again why you're forcing me out of my home."

"I won't be here for your birthday next month," Ashley sighed, "Dad is dragging me to Iceland so we are celebrating now."

I slowly nodded, still unsure about why we couldn't celebrate after. Oh yeah, babies.

Connor sighed, "You two are so slow." Then his phone dinged and he grinned.

I smirked, "Who are you texting?" I knew that face, "You like her,"

Immediately his smile was gone, "No I don't." Then he turned off his phone, "And it was a guy."

"Oh," I bit my bottom lip and smiled a little, "Sorry,"

"Is nobody distraught that I'm leaving in a few weeks for an indefinite amount of time? Like, people, grieve with me!"

I rolled my eyes, "You're going to Iceland, Ash, not War." 

She glared at me and put down her eyeshadow brush, "It might as well be the same."

I shook my head and Connor scooted closer to us, "How's the boyfriend?" He mumbled, trying to change the subject.

I shrugged, "He's fine." Then I looked over at him, "He still doesn't like you."

"You slap a bitch once and everybody hates you for it," He gasped, faking being offended, "I don't blame him." He added in a more serious tone.

"Can you two lighten the mood please?" Ashley cut in again, "Let's go before We all end up crying."

I sighed but listened to her, getting up off my ass and leading them all out the front door.

******

I crossed my arms and stared out the window, "Why would you think going to an amusement park with your 7 and a half month pregnant friend was a good idea?"

"I forgot you were pregnant," Ashley mumbled from the backseat, "To be fair I didn't think they were serious about pregnant people not being allowed on rides."

"Because the brace bars totally wouldn't crush my stomach," I mumbled, "Right," She fell silent in the backseat and Connor didn't add to the conversation. I took a deep breath and then closed my eyes, "I'm sorry." I mumbled, "I'm being a total bitch. It's not your fault."

"It is my fault," She quickly replied, "I'm your best friend. I should think ahead a little more."

I bit my cheek, "If I wasn't pregnant this would have been fun."

"I know," She mumbled.

"You used to love it here," Connor added, "After the babies are born we can come back."

I just smiled and nodded, not having the heart to tell them that I wouldn't have the time. With Justin working full time still, I'm going to be buried neck deep in babies and responsibility. But I didn't want to bring them more down than they already were.

"Just take me home," I mumbled, "I'm a little tired anyways."

Connor sighed but didn't argue. Ashley didn't even sigh.

******

I rubbed the makeup off my eye with a baby wipe and then quickly took off my bra. Justin was already home but I had no interest in finding him right now. I was in a bitter mood and I didn't want to snap at him.

But he found me.

"What are you all dressed up for?"

"Ashley and Connor tried to take me out for the day," I replied, pulling out another baby wipe and rubbing my eyes again, getting the last of the eyeliner.

I heard him sigh, "Do you want to talk?"

"Not really,"

He slowly nodded and sat down on the toilet seat beside me, "Then I'll talk." I looked at him and dropped the wipe in the garbage, "I made a deal with Scooter. Im working half the hours I was working before until the babies come, then I'm taking a few months off."

My eyes widened and I was speechless. What?

"Yeah," He chuckled, "I don't know what I'm going to do with myself but I figured it would give us more time to prep. Meghan said they might come early, right?"

I felt tear bubbling in my eyes and shook my head, "Stop making me cry today."

He laughed and got up, holding out his arms for me to walk into. He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

This was what I needed. 

Not a day at the funpack with my friends, as terrible as that made me.

I just wanted to stay here, in Justin's arms forever.