Chapter 32: To The Future

- 28 Weeks Pregnant -

I wasn't allowed to pack my own bag. Justin had forced me to sit in the kitchen while he packed our bags and then once he was done he loaded me into the car along with one big suitcase and a cooler full of food.

Justin held my hand the entire car ride, out to... wherever we were going. He still hadn't told me anything about this Anniversary trip so I was going in completely blind. I read the road signs while we were on the Highway, but he had taken a turn and we had been driving through forrest's and on dirt roads since and it was starting to get dark.

"Can you just tell me?" I mumbled and rubbed my stomach, "How much longer do we have to drive for?"

He smiled and squeezed my hand, "We are almost there. Stop asking."

"I can't help it," I mumbled, "I hate surprises."

"You love surprises."

I pouted, "Not this one."

I heard him chuckle then pull off to the side of the dirt road. I glanced around and my heart started to race.

"We're in the middle of nowhere." I mumbled, "What are you doing? We aren't camping, right?"

He turned the car off and looked at me, holding out a long piece of black cloth, "Put this on. And stop asking questions."

I glared at him, "You're blindfolding me?"

"Technically, I want you to blindfold yourself."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, but did as he said. I heard his door open and then close, then mine opened and I felt Justin's hand touch mine.

"Come on," He helped me climb out of the car then took both of my hands to lead me... somewhere.

I could hear gravel crunching under my feet.

I could smell dirt and sour sap.

I could feel the cold air nipping at my skin.

"Justin, I'm not camping." I mumbled again.

He laughed, "We aren't camping."

"Then why are we in the woods!" I snapped then his hand slipped out of mine and I was alone. My heart instantly started to race, "Justin?" I gasped, "Justin? Where did you go?" I reached to pull of my blindfold but just as I went to pull it off his hands landed on my shoulders again. I jumped and bit my cheek, "Asshole! Don't leave me alone!"

"I won't," He quickly replied and slid his hand down from my shoulders and stopped on my hips, "Take off the blindfold."

I reached around the back of my head and untied the fabric, pulling it off my face and looking around me, my breath suddenly gone.

I had to take a full second glance around us.

We were standing infant of a small cabin but it was completely decorated in warm white christmas lights. The entire house was lit up and I was wondering how I hadn't seen it from the road. I slowly reached behind me to grab Justin's hand and he stepped up beside me.

"What do you think?" He mumbled, "It's not exotic or fancy but it was close to home and far away from people."

I shook my head, "I love it," I mumbled, "How did you do this?" He hadn't left me all week... How the hell had he made time to decorate this house?

"Thank Ashley and Connor," He mumbled, "They really love you,"

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso, "It's really beautiful."

He nodded, "Let's go inside. It's cold out here."

I laughed and nodded in agreement, letting him lead me up the porch and through the doorway. Inside was just as cute as outside. Everything was decorated with christmas lights. 

I could tell already that it was an updated cabin. The kitchen was all stainless steel and marble, the floors were hardwood and the staircase leading up to the loft was made of glass.

This must have cost a ton...

"We have it for the next two nights but we don't have to stay if you don't like it," he mumbled, taking his jacket off, "We can go home and pretend that we aren't there."

I turned to him and put my hand on his neck, pushing myself up to his level and pressing my lips on his, "We can stay," I whispered, "But I'm freezing. Is there a bathtub?"

He smiled, "Its on the loft. You'll see it. Im going to bring the bags in." Then he kissed my forehead and left. I ditched my jacket beside his and walked up the stairs. He wasn't kidding when he said it was on the loft. It was literally sitting in the open across from the bed. 

I sighed and pushed my embarrassed thoughts aside, turing the tap on and stripping my clothes off. It filled up quick and I climbed in. I heard the door open downstairs and got lower in the water. I could hear Justin moving around downstairs and then he started coming upstairs.

As soon as he was in my vision I popped my head up enough for him to see me.

He smiled, "Room for one more?"

I blushed but smiled and nodded, crossing my legs and sitting up straighter. It was a massive tub so Justin stripped down and climbed in across from me.

I kept my legs crossed as he got in and he slid his feet down between my legs and the tub. I took a deep breath and stared at him. I knew he was staring at my chest but I didn't care.

"Are you ready?" I mumbled. His eyes moved up to my face and he slowly frowned.

"Ready for what?"

"To be a dad again," I quickly replied.

He slid a little further down and sighed, "I don't know. I wasn't ready the first time."

"Me neither," I sighed too and bit my cheek, "I feel more prepared this time."

He nodded, "Yeah,"

Then he sighed and looked away from me. I could tell he was thinking but I couldn't tell about what. His mind was reeling and he was nervous. 

He shifted his weight and bent his torso over the edge of the tub, reaching down and grabbing his clothes. I frowned and watched as he shuffled around the slid back into the water, holding something between his hands.

"I was going to wait," He began, "But I figured there wasn't going to be a better time." I stared at him as he opened his palms and revealed a tiny velvet box, "I screwed up the first time. I didn't do any of this right and I'm still not sure this is how it should be done but I'm doing my best."

The more he talked the more I knew what was happening.

"When I first met you my whole life fell apart because you were this gorgeous girl and I couldn't have you. My whole life was occupied by my career and it really sucked knowing that I had to pass up this perfect person," he sighed, "I did this so wrong the first time, I know that. I think we were doomed because I fucked up on my first proposal.

"So Im doing it a little different this time. Im still not on one knee but as you can tell by the babies growing inside you, I'm not traditional, but that doesn't mean I won't give up everything to make you happy.

"You have made everything in my life brighter and I know I've made some mistakes but I really hope we can take those, learn from them and grow together because I love you, Serrina and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anybody else." He took a deep breath and slowly opened the little box, "So, I'm asking you to marry me. This time, as serious adults, not two kids who don't know what they want, because I know what I want.

"It's you. So marry me and I promise to never do anything to hurt you again." 

I couldn't take my eyes off of the ring. It was a thin gold band, so smooth it glistened in the poor lighting from the cabin and had a larger diamond sitting at the top.

He was staring at me so intensely I thought his eyes might fall out. My heart was racing so fast it was hard to breath and my eyes were threatening to pour tears. I knew I hadn't said anything so I opened my mouth and whispered,

"Okay,"