Chapter 27: Brainstorm

- 23 Weeks Pregnant -

I crossed my arms and bit my cheek, "They're late." I threw another saltine cracker in my mouth and sighed, "Like, 20 minutes late."

"You're incredibly impatient," Justin mumbled, playing Clash of Clans on his phone.

I rolled my eyes and used the most pathetic excuse, "I'm pregnant."

He dropped his phone on the table and stared at me, wide eyed, "Oh my God!" He gushed in a fake valley girl tone, "Like, how far along are you?"

I held out my middle finger to him and pushed myself out of my chair, smiling at us. Then, as if by fate, the doorbell rang.

Justin leapt out of his chair, "I'll get it!" He shouted then ripped past me in a sprint. I would have tried to keep up with him, but I didn't have a chance at getting there first. So I waddled over to front door at my own page to greet them.

Ryan and Sarah were already inside by the time I got to the door and the boys were already talking about a topic I didn't care about.

Sarah held her arms open for me to fall into and I laughed, walking straight into her hug. We probably looked ridiculous, because both of our butts had to stick out because of our bellies. When she let me go we stepped back and looked at each other.

"Look at you!" She gasped, "You're huge!" Then she placed a hand on either side of my massive tummy.

I grinned, "And you look fabulous," I laughed. I noticed Ryan and Justin watching me and Sarah marvelling at each other's bodies, both in somewhat awe.

Then she glanced between us, "You're bigger than me."

I paused and glanced between our own bellies and then bit my lip, realizing that she was right. Although she was 6 weeks ahead of my 23, I was bigger and rounder than she was. 

"Babe, she has two in there," Ryan was standing beside us and slid a hand onto Sarah's hip, "She's going to be bigger than you from this point on."

I felt Justin's hand slid into mine. He must have sensed my uneasiness and sudden insecurities. I was going to be massive. I was going to have 2 kids.

And suddenly, it hit me for the first time since Taylor.

I was going to be a mom again. I will have two children, one boy and one girl.

I slipped my hand out of Justin's, "I have to pee." I mumbled, quickly excusing myself and walking down the hall and into our bedroom, tossing the door shut behind me and then quickly into the bathroom. I heard our bedroom door creak open again behind me but didn't pause to wait for the person following me. I stopped infant of the mirror and gripped onto the counter.

"You okay?"

I glanced up and over my shoulder at Justin, who was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest.

I hesitated but then slowly nodded, "Yeah," I whispered and looked back down at the porcelain sink, "It getting real, you know?"

He did the same slight pause then nod, "It's really happening again."

I smiled and pressed a hand to my stomach, "I know they're real. I can feel them moving inside me but I haven't been able to wrap my head around it."I chewed on the inside of my cheek and turned around to look at him, "They are not waiting for me to be ready. These babies are still growing and getting beggared I haven't realized how little time we have to get ready."

I could see he was processing my words but I knew he already had thought all of it.

"Im more than halfway there. Meghan said twins are almost always early." I paused and shook my head, swallowing hard, "That gives us, what? 10? 11 weeks? That's not enough time."

Justin took a long step towards me and pressed his hand into my jawbone. He tilted his head and stared at me, "Serrina, this isn't new to us. Taylor was early too. 8 weeks, remember? We will be able to handle everything this world throws at us, so don't be so afraid that you won't be ready." Then he smiled, "And there will never be enough time to prepare yourself for a baby, let alone two."

I smiled up at him and close the tiny gap between us, taking his hand into my palm and pressing it to my stomach, "How do you always know what to say t make me feel better?"

He grinned, "It's my specialty." Then he closed the thin gap between our mouths and kissed me.

******

Justin continued tracing shapes across my belly as I flipped past another page in the baby book, "These all say the same thing, Motherhood comes naturally once you have the baby in your arms. Its such bull shit."

Justin didn't seem to be listening to me, his lips whispering to my tummy.

"What are you telling them?"

He glanced over at me, "Im brainstorming."

"Brainstorming what?"

He looked back to my belly, "Names."

I raised my eyebrows at him and smiled, "And what have you come up with?"

"For a boy, Max, Victor, Peter. For girls," He trailed off, "I haven't thought of any for girls yet."

I shrugged, "I like Max for a girl."

He frowned, "But thats a boy name,"

"It can be a girls name too," I closed the book and placed it on the side table, rolling to my side and placing one of the pillows behind my head, "Unless you're one of those people who hate using names to specify gender."

"God, no way." He gushed, pushing himself up and then falling beside me on the pillow, "If you like Max for her name we can name her Max."

I thought about it for a second and shrugged, "I don't know if I like it that much."

He grinned at me, "This is really hard."

"Why don't we just wait until we meet them to choose names? I mean, what if we choose them now and then don't think our daughter looks like a Max?" I moved my head a little closer to his, "Then we're screwed."

He sighed, "Okay," Then I felt his breath fan over my face and quickly closed the gap between us, rolling him onto his back and then climbing onto his lap. The loose tank I was wearing fell back down over my belly as I bent down to kiss him again.

"What are you doing?" He mumbled as I held my hands on his chest, staring at his face as he panted, suddenly out of breath and a little surprised.

I watched him for a moment before I pulled my shirt over my head and stared down at him again. He gave me a sideways smile and then raised one eyebrow, in a thats all? motion. So I reached around my back and unclipped my bra, letting it drop off one shoulder then looping it own, throwing it to the floor beside the bed.

His breathing quickened and I could feel his lap growing, "Wow." He panted.

I knew it had been a while since he had seen me naked, but I didn't think about how much my body had changed. I was no longer flabby from having a baby, just round from having more, and my breasts were already growing. If not for the stretch marks that covered my belly skin, I probably could have modelled maternity underwear.

"Are you just going to stare at me or do I have to take your clothes off too?" I mumbled, noticing that he was still staring at my boobs and belly. But my words snapped him out of it and he pulled his shirt off, then smoothly rolling us back over and tugging off my PJ shorts. I reached to unbutton his pants then realized he was already in his boxers, so instead, I ran my finger around the inside hem of his shorts, making him lightly moan.

He cut himself off by kissing me, holding himself up with one hand and using the other to shimmy off my underwear.

For the first time since Taylor had died, I was actually happy to be with somebody, both physically and emotionally. 

And he made me feel at home, so I was more than pleased to let him be in control, taking power of the moment and making me feel this way.

Then when it was over we just stayed in bed, nude and sweaty, but together.

God, I hope this is how it will be forever.