Chapter 22: The World

Check photo to see Serrina's belly size.

- 18 Weeks Pregnant -

"Earth to Serrina," I blinked a few times then zoned back into Connor. He was sitting cross legged on my bed with a quizzical look, "Your head is in the clouds."

I slowly shook my head, "No,"

"Yes," He smiled, "What happened?"

Fuck, "Nothing, Im just tired. Its already getting harder to sleep."

"That's a load of crap," I saw him give me a sideways glance and roll his eyes, "I know you, Serrina. I've known you for a long time. You're not telling me something."

I bit my lip and ran my hands over my belly, "If I tell you, You can't say anything to anybody. Not even Ashley."

"Okay?"

I sighed and put one hand over my mouth, running my thumb over my lip, "Cody kissed me." I couldn't look at him. I was completely afraid of being judged by somebody, I couldn't bring myself to look up.

"Did you like it?"

My eyes widened and I slowly looked up, "You're not going to call me an idiot?"

"Well, you're technically single, right?" He shrugged, "You can dip your toes in the water, just don't go skinny dipping."

I smiled at the metaphor, "I guess I liked it," Then I shrugged, "But he's sort of like my brother, right?"

"No," Connor shook his head and frowned, "He's a total stranger. If you wanted to, you could legally marry him. You have no ties to him."

"Our parents are getting married in a few months."

"Exactly," He mumbled and shook his head, "Your parent are. That still doesn't make him your brother."

I rolled my eyes, "It does."

"Unless his dad adopts you as his kid, you're not siblings." Connor sighed, "Serrina, I'm saying that if you want to kiss him, just do it. Nobody is going to judge you. He's cute."

I smiled and gave him a light shove. But I felt it. My face must have gone slack because Connor grabbed my arm.

"I'm fine," I whispered, also noting that I had grabbed my stomach on both sides, "I think they're moving."

Connor grinned and looked at me with wide eyes, "Really?" Then he held his hand out, "Can I?"

I grinned and grabbed his hand, removing all my layers then pressing it to my skin. He gave me a sideways smile and the babies started to dance.

******

"You know we have heaters if you're cold." Ben mumbled, "We don't mind using them."

I shrugged and helped him set the table, "Im not cold."

"Then why are you wearing a million layers?"

I noticed him looking me over from head to toe and sighed, "It's fashionable, Ben."

He snorted at me and continued setting the table. The front door closed and Cody walked into the room. We made subtle eye contact and he quickly looked away.

"Oh, good, go help them set the table." My mom called from the kitchen. Cody dropped his gym bag and walked in, giving his brother a small shove then grabbing a fist full of silverware, "Serrina? Can you come here for a second?"

Thank you.

"Yeah," I mumbled and walked away. Even though I couldn't see him, I felt Cody staring at me. My mom was dumping water out of a pot when I walked in, "Whats up?"