Chapter 29: Almost Finalized

- 25 Weeks Pregnant -

I was visibly bigger than Sarah. She hadn't seemed to get much bigger in the last week or so, but I had very visibly been expanding. The hourglass shape I had previously had from the front was now gone. I was round on all angles. She, on the other hand, had all kinds of pregnancy glow.

"I feel like a bloated whale." I mumbled and rubbed my massive stomach, "Like, you know that YouTube video of that beached whale that died and it exploded on the fishermen," I glanced at Sarah and saw her disgusted stare, "Thats literally me."

She had her mouth slightly open in a frown and her eyebrows were bunched together, "That's disgusting."

I shrugged, "Thats how I feel."

"You're 25 weeks."

I tilted my head at her, "I look more pregnant than you."

She didn't say anything for a second, then mumbled, "You remember Juliet and Ben?"

It took me a second to process what she was asking but I did. The couple who she saw while Ryan was in the hospital after the car accident. The ones who she met up with about the adoption. "Yeah," I mumbled.

"Me and Ry met with their Lawyers," She bit her cheek, "They're going to adopt him."

My heart was racing. They were really doing it. They were going to give their baby away.

"What are they like?" I managed to say. But my mind was reeling.

I had gotten so accustomed to the idea of our kids playing together that I was suddenly scared that they would be alone. Even though I had always known this was her plan, I had somehow wrapped the idea of our kids growing up together and our sons being on the same sports teams. But now it was official. That was all not happening.

"She's a writer so she's works from home. He's a teacher for kids with Autism. They're amazing people and they've got a beautiful house. She showed me the room they set up for him," Sarah sniffled and blotted a tear out of her eye, "He's going to be so loved there."

I noticed her hands hadn't touched or even brushed against her stomach the entire time she'd been here while mine rarely left. I moved my hands and crossed them over my chest.

"Sorry," Sarah choked out a dry laugh and shook her head, "Im bringing the mood down."

I slowly shook my head, "No," I shrugged and pulled one of my knees towards my chest, or, at least as far as I could get it, "Tell me. You must want to talk about it."

"But you don't understand," She was whispering it, like she was worried she might offend me, but I honestly didn't care.

"Then make me understand."

Sarah stared at me then dropped her head, "I feel alone." She whispered, "I mean, Ryan has been so supportive of everything but I can tell he isn't as sure about this as I am." Finally she reached for her belly and ran a pointer finger down it, "I mean, I know he isn't ready to be a dad but I don't think he wants to give his son to another couple."

She stopped talking and looked at me, maybe for my opinion, so I spoke up, "I understand why," Then before she could speak up again, I took a breath and continued, "I've been there. For a long time during this pregnancy, after Taylor, I debated my options but in the end I realized that I have the support system and the want for these kids." I saw her debating what to say back, "And I'm not saying that to make you feel guilty. I wanted you to know that you know whats best for you and Ryan might not see that right now, but he will."

Sarah bit her cheek and stared at me, shaking her head and then the tears started to roll. She scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around my chest.

"I honestly don't know what I'd do without you," She whispered into my ear.

I laughed, "Me neither."

******

"This is cute," Justin mumbled, swinging our hands between us and running his thumb over the wooden framed crib, "We can get one of these."

I frowned, "They won't have the same cribs? The Nursery might look funny."

He stopped walking and shrugged, "Will they not have their own rooms?"

"I don't know," I mumbled and frowned, "Do we want them to have their own rooms already?"

Justin let go of my hand, "It would be easier to handle them at night if they were in the same room."

I bit my cheek and nodded, "I guess," Then I crossed my arms over my chest, "Which room would be theirs? The only room close to ours in the house is..."

I saw the same thought go through his head. Taylor had gotten the room closest to us. That was her room.

"Then they'll go in our room for the first few months. That way we won't even have to leave the room to get them."

I raised my eyebrows, "That means no," I lowered my tone to a whisper, "Sex."

"No," He threw his arm over my shoulder, "We don't have to limit sex to our bedroom."

I grinned and gently elbowed him in the side, "That's so dirty."

"I can't help it," Justin chuckled, "That's were my thoughts go when I'm with you."

I laughed, "Perv," Then my eye caught something and I grabbed his hand, dragging him with me towards it, "This is perfect." I saw him look me up and down, testing to see if I was kidding. I wasn't, "I know it's small, but once they get too big then we can put them in their own, separate, rooms."

I looked back to the tiny bassinet. It was white wood, so it would almost match our headboard and dressers, and the fabric inside was grey, so we wouldn't have to worry about the colour specifying gender.

I could tell he was a little cautious about it but he glanced at me, "You like it?"

I slowly nodded, "Don't you?"

"If you like it then I love it." 

I reached for his hand and grinned, "Then lets find somebody to get them for us."

He laughed and we went hunting for an employee.