Chapter 3: Home

- 1.5 Weeks Old -

"I should've sat in the backseat." I mumbled as Justin drove us home, "She's probably so lonely back there."

"I can see her in that mirror thing. She's fine."

I bit my lip and looked over my shoulder. My angle still hadn't changed, the carseat still blocked my view of everything but her toes. And she was wiggling them like her life depended on it.

I smiled and turned back to the front window, "Im excited." I mumbled, "Justin, I'm really a mom now."

I saw him give a small, crooked smile, "And I'm a dad."

"And she's our princess." I grinned. Then it hit my nose and I nearly gagged, "Who has made a poop in her diaper."

"Oh, God!" Justin laughed and rolled the window down a crack. I laughed and did the same.

I stuck my nose through the crack in my window, "The first of many stink outs. Congrats!" I laughed.

Justin joined in my laughter then sighed and slowed down in front of a small house. Well, not small, but small compared to his house in LA. I frowned at him as he slowly pulled into the drive way and then turned off the car.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled looking around. It was a typical suburban neighbourhood. All cookie cutter houses, all earthy toned colours, perfect lawns.

"We're home."

I stared at him wondering if it was a joke. When he unbuckled his seatbelt and smiled at me it finally hit, "But we were going to LA. I bought a really cute suitcase!" I wanted to be mad at him for the change in plans but I couldn't.

He bought us a house. Our own, family home.

"Its got 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. That being said, Taylor doesn't have to sleep in her own room yet." He smiled at me and reached for my hand. I stared at him in awe.

"You're insane." I mumbled and shook my head. I was about to add, I can't afford this, but I knew he would just get grumpy, so instead I said, "I love you."

He grinned and kissed me, "I had it furnished while you were in the hospital the last few weeks. If you don't like it we can change things. Its brand new though so everything is in mint condition." He opened his door and when I moved to open mine he ran around the car and slammed it back shut before smiling and slowly opening it for me. I laughed and got out.

Then he told me to wait while he got Taylor out of the car so that he could carry me in.

"But you're supposed to do that after you get married." I told him.

"You're supposed to wait until you're married to have babies too but I like doing things backwards. And I plan to marry you anyways so this can be practice."

I had rolled my eyes at him while he got the carseat out, which wasn't an easy task, being his first time and there being a baby in it.

That gave me a minute to take in the house. It was a grey toned house with a cute little deck out front and a big wooden front door. I could see there were at least two floors, a possible basement and a full garage. It was more of a house than I had ever dreamed.

I felt Justin place his hand on my hip and turned to see that he had gotten Taylor out of the car without breaking her or hurting himself in the process.

"Shall we?" He mumbled. I smiled at him as he led me to the front door, holding firmly onto only my left ring finger. While we walked up the short walkway, I stared down at the ring on my hand and the car seat Justin held and my heart felt warm.

We walked up the few stairs and then we paused at the front door. He pulled a set of two keys out of his pocket and then turned one in the lock.

"You can't see it yet. Turn around while I take taylor in." I laughed at him but obeyed, turning around and listening as he walked through the door.

I heard a clunk when the carseat touched the floor then a few footsteps and hands on my waist.

"Ready?"

I slowly nodded and he scooped me up. I squealed as he turned around and walked into the house.

He gently placed me down on the hardwood floor and smiled, "Welcome home." He whispered and kissed me on the cheek.

******

I stared at the video baby monitor Justin had set up. We had also decided to put Taylor in her own room tonight and see how she handles it.

She was moving her legs a bit but she hadn't cried at all.

"She's so good so far." I mumbled, "Im surprised how quiet she is."

"We make good babies." Justin mumbled in reply, dropping down on the bed beside me.

I smiled and rolled from my back to my stomach. It still wasn't comfortable because I still had a swollen belly but it was much more comfortable than sleeping while pregnant.

"We should have lots." I mumbled, "If all our babies are as good as her I'd have millions."

I listened as he scoffed, "Millions? I prefer the thought of like, five."

I laughed, "Lets start with five and see how we feel from there."

I watched as he pulled off his shirt and gave a quiet whistle. He dropped his shirt on the floor and stared at me, "Your turn."

My eyes widened, "My stomach looks disgusting. Im like, a week and a half postpartum."

"I want to see you at all stages." He sighed and crossed his legs, "Take off your shirt or I will."

I really didn't want to. I didn't want him to see my gross, slowly sinking stomach. It was disgusting. But I couldn't say no to him.

So, I grabbed the hem of my shirt and lifted it over my head. My boobs were swollen from being loaded with milk and my stomach looked like an old, deflating balloon, but he never once gave me a look of disgust. He actually looked at me with possible lust.

"You're not gross," He mumbled, "You are still the most beautiful person I've ever seen." Then he climbed to my side of the bed and kissed my neck, just below my jaw.

I tilted my head to the side and closed my eyes. His lips were soft on my skin and his breath was hot as it fanned across my neck. His hand moved up to my boobs and he lightly grabbed one through my bra. I let out a load moan then slapped my hand over my own mouth.

He laughed a little then moved his mouth lower to kiss my chest.

Then a crackle over the baby monitor and Taylor started crying.

Justin instantly stopped and threw his face into a pillow. I noticed by the small budge in his boxers that he was in no shape to deal with her, so I patted his bare back before climbing off the bed. I didn't worry about putting on a shirt.

Her door was slightly open and as I pushed it open her crying got a little bit quieter. I walked up to her crib and smiled, "Hi, baby girl." I bent over and picked her up. Her eyes were watery and her cheeks were bright red, but she was completely awake.

She stopped crying the instant I was holding her.

"You just want to be held, huh?" I mumbled to her. She yawned at me and her eyes blinked a few times, "You can go to sleep. I won't put you down." I walked across the small room to the large bow shaped chair. It was like a rocking chair, but it was rounded on all sides and was massive.

I slid into it and leaned back, placing Taylor on my chest. I stared at her as she yawned again then closed her eyes. She really did have long eyelashes.

The longer I stared at her the more I fell in live with her. Her tiny little hands with her tiny nails. Her round, baby belly. Her dark, long hair.

She was absolutely perfect.

And she was mine.