Chapter 24

Kitsune POV:

Eh?

"Kitsune, you are to accompany Team Asuma along with Izumo and Kotetsu in intercepting two Akatsuki members that have attacked the temple. You are to subdue the members or if possible, kill them."

"Hai!"

As we accepted the mission, I looked down towards the little koala who is currently clinging on my chest, grabbing the little fabric uncovered by the chest armor. Mito was left at my care after the two parents are overlooking their son's training about his rasengan chakra nature change. They are both busy and are unable to supervise their child , not even leaving a clone to be with her. I am seriously taking her under my care if the parents are going to neglect her for the red haired Minato. I looked towards where Hinata chan is position for guard duty and she nodded as she went down and slowly peeled off the koala gently, as the koala clinged onto Hinata chan this time.

Mito likes Hinata chan, after being exposed to her a lot made her see Hinata chan as a big sister figure. They would do girl stuff that Hinata chan and Hanabi would do when they were little. Hinata chan would braid Mito's long red hair as they would play tea parties, mostly dragging me to play with them. Hinata chan would sometimes buy Mito some toys that Hinata chan finds cute or unique when she goes on Missions in other lands.

I waved goodbye at the two as Hinata chan went back in her post with a red haired child clinging onto her, both silent the whole process. The team discussed a few things as Asuma answered some question's being asked by his students while Izumu and Kotetsu are making sure they have everything with them. I was just formulating ideas and information in my head about who we may encounter at wherever the attackers are. We would still need a clear lead from people that managed to survive back at the temple to know who we are going to be fighting and what to expect from them. Although I have a few hunches of my own.

It could be the Akatsuki's bomber, who surprisingly joined Akatsuki just because he was defeated by Itachi with only genjutsu on one of Itachi's ANBU infiltration to the hidden village of stone a few years ago. Deidara apparantly has a grudge against Itachi and is hunting him down, not knowing which village Itachi lives. It could also be the so called Zombie duo, who were spotted by Team Kitsune while they were passing the border from their mission with Suna shinobis. The three chunin had to support my clone while my clone battled  the two with only a fraction of my chakra. Let us just say that they were all lucky to survive and surprisingly it boosted the three chunins will to train harder to be able to hold their own against stronger enemies.

Only a few details were taken from the interaction. Kakuzo, an old dude who was exiled for not being able to defeat the First Hokage, Hashirama Senju, has string like tendrils coming out of his body and has humanoid puppets with him that could send attacks. The only information that we got about Hidan is that he uses a giant three bladed scythe and many other extra weapons. Nothing is really known about his ability except that he is a Jashinist.

After a few minutes of preparing and discussing a few things, we headed out. I matched my speed with theirs which is surprisingly enough at an average of near Jonin speed, considering that there are three chunins present. We are heading towards the Land of Fire temple at a auick and steady pace to arrive there as soon as possible.

A few minutes later, we arrived. We are met by the sight of the temple in shambles and a few bodies wrapped in cloth being carried by monks who have minor injuries.  One of the surviving monks explained how two Akatsuki members attacked them and took the head monk, Chiriku, who Asuma then explains as one of the Twelve Guardian Ninja who are tasked to protect the daimyo. He went on and on about how their power of friendship stopped six of the Twelve Guardian Ninja from a Coup d'etat. And how their other friends who stopped the coup d'etat have sadly fallen leaving the two of them alive.

It was a long backstory that I slept through most of the time.

Anyways Asuma told us to split up into two groups with me and Asuma heading off towards the bounty collecting point while the rest are to scan the nearby areas to see if they were nearby. I also sent a fox summon with the seperate group for me to reverse summon them if neccesary. And so we began our adventure towards where I got most of my money from. The Bounty station. We went there as fast as possible as I did quick shunshins to go farther ahead to scan the area. What greeted me is a black tendril that looks suspiciously like a tentacle.

That Kakuzo is a pervert? Who knew that money loving old guy is a pervert. A pedophile non the least. Being more than a hundred years old targetting a teen with those tentacle like wires is disgusting enough to imagine, but actually experiencing the horrors of dodging each tentecle is weirder. Now imagine that but this time, while dodging balls of fire, lightning, water and wind while rocks rise up wherever you step. Isn't  that fun. Atleast the other dude is distracted by Asuma, who is expertly dodging every attack sent his way, not even a scratch is on him.

"Hey tentacle guy! I did not know you were into young men. You and your tentacles better keep off me or you are going to die. Don't worry, it won't be from me, it would be by my parter!"

Everyone looked into my direction with disgust as we continued our own individual battles. Then, an unexpected thing happened. I saw the three blade scythe extend heading towards Asuma to atleast graze him. I quickly substituted with Asuma as he let out a defence position on instinct. After that, I replaced myself with a nearby rabbit, which took the grazing and switched with the rabbit and ultimately switching back with Asuma. It all happened within a second and no one seemed to notice except for Asuma who felt a little side effect of substitution in a quick manner. A quick head ache.

Hidan laughed maniacally as he licked the blood from the tip of his upper most blade. He transformed from having normal skin into having black skin with white patterns that look like skeletal patterns. He caughed out a bit of blood onto the floor and using it, made a pattern consisting a triangle inside a circle. He looked at the eyes of Asuma and began stabbing himself as fast as possible. Asuma stood there confused but I watched him carefully and only looked away when I heard pained squeeks. I looked towards the source of the sound while using my now activated Attack Chains to deflect the black tendril like objects. There, the rabbit I substituted with, bleeding so much. I compared the spots where the bleeding is abundant and Hidan's stabbing points with my eyes and see the similarities between them.

I have figured out his technic. I quickly switched into my Sealing Chains as they pierce every humanoid creature that Kakuzo has as alies. Kakuzo himself also got stabbed on multiple points of his body, stopping him from movements. I summoned the fox that I sent with the other team, here. They all appeared with a poof as they all held their puke and Choji giving up on that and straight up puking in the open. Shikamaru looked at me in confusion but he answered his own questions by looking arround. I quickly threw a set of sealing tags to him as he srudied them for a few seconds then nodded.

In the distance, Hidan is trying his best to get  atleast a drop of blood from Asuma as they both are at a stalement on who will win.

This is fun.