Chapter 37

Kitsune's POV:

Nearly a day has passed since we started travelling. The Land of Iron is week away in Jounin speed but since we all technically have Kage speed, it might take more or less five days for us to reach there. We have left The Land of Fire and about to leave The Land of Fields and into The Land of Earth. We have made some stops for taking a 5 minute rest and to check the map if we are going the right way.

Surprisingly Yondaime sama knows how to use the map correctly and has not gotten as lost. For now.

It is almost six in the evening as we are running through a giant bamboo forest as quiet as possible since we don't want to bring attention to ourselves. Our group is not exactly the most likeable bunch.

I noticed that Kakashi nii and Yondaime sama look a little down since entering this forest, but I do not want to point it out.

"Were setting camp here. Kitsune, set a small barrier around us that hides our chakra signature and notifies us if a chakra signature entered it's proximity. Minato sensei, please find some fire wood."

Hearing fire wood, I threw a scroll towards Kakashi nii san's direction and he caught it. After which, I immediately went to do my task. I took out my brush and ink along with four small slips of papers to make the seal. I do not always have the specific seals needed so I bring the materials needed to make them.

I summoned three shadow clones and spread them out for them to make barrier seals on the other three corners. Making the seal is easy so in less than a minute it was finished. I felt my shadow clones poof away so it means they have done their jobs too.

I headed back towards where the two Hokages are located to see a fire set up and Yondaime setting up the sleeping bags. Next to each other. Seriously is he a pervert? Why would you put them together, not even giving them space?

"Welcome back Kitsune, good thinking bringing firewood."

"I always bring some just in case. We would not want to explode from burning green bamboo now do we?"

I walked towards the smallest sleeping bag out of the group and took it. And brought it to the other side of the fire. Yondaime looked a bit disappointed, but it got worse when Kakashi nii san took his and took two steps away from Yondaime's sleeping bag before setting his. No one wants to sleep beside him which is fun.

"You guys hurt my feelings you know."

We did not react, and he gave out a small sigh. I brought out a small storage seal and added chakra to one of the arrays present. A puif of smoke appeared. Out came nine cups of instant ramen. This is the only instance that I eat ramen. The other being having no other choice. The first is when someone in the group ran out of food pills.

I distributed the instant ramen between us before summoning a kettle. I ran towards the east to where one of my shadow clones found a small spring. Filling up the giant kettle, I shunshined back to the makeshift camp and placed the kettle above the open flames.

My curiosity about the two older men's behaviour is still there and sometimes I guess I try to analyze their actions for too long that Yondaime noticed that I was observing their movements.

"I guess you are curious as to why we are like this huh Naruto."

I did not speak, I did not have too. Knowing him, he would share anyways.

"I'll take that as a yes. You see this particular bamboo forests brings us memories. Bad memories to be exact. This place reminds us of the mission that took a student's life. Do you know the Kannabi bridge?"

I nodded, remembering of the time that I had to read it for an assignment by Iruka sensei back when I attended the Academy.

"The same mission took the life of Uchiha Obito, one of my students. Kakashi, if you want I could stop from telling him."

"No, it's fine. He has to know."

And so, they told me of how this mission was important and Kakashi nii told his experience about the mission when Yondai - Minato sama no longer had anything to add. He told how this Obito person gave him his famous Sharingan and how he died saving him and another teammate. In all honesty, this Obito guy sounds like Menma. Loud, annoying but someone with a big heart.

"Thank you for telling me, and I am sorry for asking you to tell me something that must have hurt you."

"It's fine, now we probably go to sleep, we need to travel early tomorrow."

"Please go ahead, I think I'll go take a soak."

I did not see them nod but I went to the closest lake which is a few ways away from the spring and out of the seals, which is fine, I have great sensing abilities anyways. I took out some genjutsu casting seals and placed them near me to hide me from anyone.

After doing that, I quickly stripped of my clothes to get my body cleaned. I placed my stuff near giant bamboo, neatly folded with my mask on top. I slowly went to the deepest part of the lake which is surprisingly upto my waist. And the lake feels warm, a hot spring? Maybe the geothermal heat is high around these areas, shocking for a place filled with cool trees.

But I did not complain, besides it has been so long since I had a soak on a hot spring. The last one was for an assassination mission. I felt a presence came near but quickly calmed down knowing full well who it is.

"Well I guess nothing  is special about your dick until now."

"I see you are still a dick, Sai. I did not know you and some ROOT forces are joining."

Sai is the commander representative of ANBU ROOT. He is still my subordinate but we love insulting each other whenever we can. We have no ill intention against each other. Probably.

"I assembled a small team when we heard the Hokage is leaving."

"So, the other ROOT members are watching me bathe too? You know I do not like an audience."

"Don't worry Kitsune sama, they are watching the Hokages sleep. Can I join you in the hot spring?"

"No"

"Okay, I'll be leaving you here then."

And so he shunshined away, probably to watch the two Hokages sleep along with the other ROOT members. Creepy.