Chapter 38

Kitsune's POV:

Four days has passed since Sai revealed his presence on our travels. Nothing out of the ordinary happened except at the Land of Earth border where we were surrounded by many Iwa ninjas, all with their weapons drawn and ready to attack. Luckily, Kakashi nii showed them the letter regarding the Kage summit.

The ninjas did not trust us, seeing as we all did something against their village and her people. Straight out slaughter for Minato sama, same with Kakashi nii san. But for me, I am more known for the Assassinations I have done to the remaining members of the Bombing department, except for Deidara. This happened after he went to join Akatsuki. I am also responsible for stealing inportant documents from them. Including details of how Uzushio was destroyed, and a 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 detail.

Good thing a Iwa ninja vouched for us saying that their Kage is attending the said meeting and to let us pass through. With escorts of course. ANBU to be precise.

It was fun, we did not really bother having them. The ANBU were releasing large amounts of killing intent, which was easily drowned by our resistance against them.

Now, we are walking by the frigid landscape of the Land of Iron as the sun sets in the horizon. The barren land filled with ice and snow surrounds us as we trudged our way through. The feeling of winter winds licking the back of my neck gave me shivers. I do not like the cold yet I like it at the same time.

The Iwa forces left after they successfully escorted us away from their home land, after making sure we were atleast a kilometer away. Surprisingly, we did not pass by or seen the Tsuchikage, but knowing him, he will probably fly all the way to the meeting spot. He may be old but he is powerful. I almost died when he attacked while I was stealing the important documents. I managed to get away from him when he had back cramps.

The Land of Iron is littered with many of it's samurais. Every hundred meters, a group of three samurais are stationed for lookout. Over by the distance, many lights can be seen, a sign of a small villahe. With kage speeds, we ran to the village. Not only does it make us faster but it also warms us up. A thin cloak can only do so much.

Within seconds we had reached the small village. Gas lamps are seen hang around the town, giving off light and a small amount of warmth. Small campfires are lit inside a controled perimeter infront of each store to provide warmth to passer bys. Seeing as tomorrow is the intended date for the meeting, we decided to stay in the town for now, seeing as there is litterally nothing to do and the town is beside the Samurai's headquarters where the meeting is to be held.

"Do you guys want to have dinner?"

Surprisingly, no not really surprisingly, it was the older blonde that suggested it. He had been the most vocal the entire trip.

"Sure, it has been two days since we ran out of normal food to eat."

"Well it's both your fault for not bringing food. We had to survive off food pills. You knew that Land of Earth lacks animals in the wild" I say out loud, voicing my annoyance to the two older male.

They did not react that much, only a rub on the back of their necks. Seriously I think I am mentally older than both of them.

"Well then, let us go eat shall we?"

We looked around for a sign around the place . I manage to find a shop but decided not to tell them because it has a big ramen drawn on it's sign. But sadly, luck was not on my side. This is the only shop in this village.

So with a heavy heart, I was dragged inside the store by Minato sama as he pushed me onto one of the sits. Kakashi nii sat beside me as the older blonde sat infront of both of us. A few seconds later, a waiter came out of what I assume is the kitchen and gave us the menu.

There really was nothing but ramen dishes on the menu. And so I just ordered pork ramen. I decided to take off my Kitsune mask but kept my other mask on. No longer is my hair under genjutsu since it has no use anymore. As I did so, I felt two pairs of eyes staring at me, making me feel irritation.

"Is there something wrong, Yondaim sama, Godaime sama?"

"A-ah! Sorry Naruto but seeing you without your mask still feels new to me." The older blonde said. I gave him a small glare because he used my name in public.

Sure people may know that Kitsune is Naruto but the description could have been distorted by the civilians who have no access to the Bingo Book. I do not want to scare people just because I am Kitsune. But that's just stupid thinking is'nt it? I mean two high ranked shinobi are literally here without covering their faces.

The order came and I reluctantly started eating the ramen served infront of me. The feeling of the warm noodle slide in my mouth easily takes me back. The freshness of the ingredients used makes the cupped ramens that I have eaten sometimes on mission seem like nothing. Somehow the taste takes me back to my childhood. At a time where I had been exposed to plenty of ramen. Back when the Namikaze-Uzumaki household is what I considered a home.

I quickly shook the memories off as I ate my meal silently. The faster I eat, the faster I get to go to an Inn and away from this place. It reminds me too much of my childhood and I don't like it. I finished my meal soon after and paid for it.

"I will be finding us a temporary lodging place, Hokage sama."

And so, the search began.

Nothing, absolutely nothing. There was no inn for us to stay at for tonight within the village area. So, I decided to spread out two more shadow clones to find us a lodging place for tonight outside the village.

Ten minutes has passed, a shadow clone popped. North East of the meeting point, there is a resort of some sort. Luckily the clone has reserved three seperate rooms for us before popping. The other clone popped soon after. And so, I headed back to the small village through a clean shunshin.

I appeared infront of the two kages who were leaning to a post, both waiting for me. I told them of the news and headed to the resort.

It took us five minutes but we finally arrived. We asked for our keys and headed to our reserved rooms. The rooms was simple enough without anything note worthy. I set my clothes down and summoned a shadow clome to guard them.

The lady at the reception told us that there is a hot spring instead of a pool in this resort, so I headed there. And it seems my companions were thinking the same thing as we met each other at the front of the hot springs.

We entered and went through the usual things to do before entering the hot springs. Shower and arrange our things on the provided clothes rack. I placed all my clothes and other stuff on a scroll and summoned a small fox to keep it safe in the fox summoning place. I do not trust this place completely.

After showering, I walked through the door to enter the actual hot springs. I opened the door to see a feint silhoette of the mountains of the Land of Iron peeking through the open space above the walls. There was also someone with a long hair and boobs amongst the steam that rose and the other decorations placed. Wait, boobs?

'It's a mixed bath?!'

"Kitsune san!~"