Chapter 45

Naruto's POV:

"Naruto sama, Hiashi sama has been waiting for you"

"Neji san, please just call me Naruto. How long has he been waiting for me?"

"Nearly two years now, Naruto. And I will say this once, if you hurt Hinata sama, I will end you."

His byakugan activating to make his appearance more intimidating. For the first time in probably a long time, I felt scared, not because of trauma but because of a threat.

"Don't worry I would never do that."

He gave a small nod and proceeded to lead me towards the inner parts of the compound. Looking at it now, it seems that their plan for this place to be temporary is now thrown in the sewers. It looks like a permanent decision to stay here since the compound is being rebuilt in a very fast pace.

We walked pass many branch members of the Hyūga clan as they wave towards my direction, I waved back of course.

Word got out about what I am trying to do and they are greatfull for it. Surprisingly, there apparantly have been no abuse of power ever since a Hyuuga elder got beat up by Hinata hime once. They got scared of her and stopped. I wish I saw their reactions.

We stopped infront of a wooden door and the sounds of fighting can be heard echoing from the other side of the door.

"Hiashi sama, Uzumaki Naruto san has arrived."

The sounds from inside stopped.

"Let him in."

Neji san opened the door and gestured for me to go inside. I did so as he bowed his head towards the Clan Head and closed the door. I sensed his chakra moving away from the door and back towards where we came from. The Hyūga's really are disciplined.

I bowed my head towards the clan head as a sign of respect.

"Hiashi sama"

"Naruto. Hinata, please leave us alone for a moment, I would like to speak to Naruto alone for nowq."

Hinata, who I assume he was training with, looked towards my direction before walking out through the door, leaving me with Hiashi sama.

"I - I brought flowers, Hinata said you liked lavenders so I bought some."

I say, raising the bouquet I have bought from the flower shop. He did not have any emotions present on his face, and his chakra did not send off any signals on what he was feeling. Even my negative sensing does not work on him!

"Thank you, it is indeed my favorite. You must be really close with my daughter for you to know."

He was staring me down as I felt small under his gaze. His face still neutral as ever.

"I - uhm have been dating your daughter for quite some time now."

He did not react, mereley stared at me more.

"And so I have heard. I have nothing against you, Naruto kun. You helped my daughter be the woman she is today, you motivated her to be the best she can, which made her the best Hyūga in history, having twenty kilometers byakugan range in just her sixteen years of life."

He paused, as he stared me down more.

"But I am a bit disappointed Naruto kun."

"Disappointed?"

"Yes. You have been secretly dating my daughter behind my back. It would have been fine by me if it was merely a week, but it is not the case. In the first month of your relationship, I have heard that Mesunokitsune, my daughter, had been dating you, as Kitsune. I was unaware of who you really were at that time but I waited for you to present yourself to me. It is sad that I found out by hearing ANBU cooperatives gossiping amongst the door to the Hokage's office."

'I want to ask who were they but Hiashi sama is serius right now.'

"Ever since that day, I waited. I asked Hinata who she was seeing but told me that I would know soon."

"I am sorry that I have kept you waiting, Hiashi sama. I did not want anyone to know who I really was under my mask. Although the Hyūga clan have not done anything much against me as a child, I still had my reasons."

His eye softened up by the smallest percentage as he kept his eye contact, blinking only when needed.

"I understand. Although I am disappointed that you did not tell me sooner, I am happy that it is you and I accept you as my daughter's boyfriend."

My body visibly relaxed as he said those words.

'He is happy that it's me!'

I used my sensing abilities to see if Hinata hime was arround and gave a mental sigh when she was not near us.

'It's now or never'

"Hiashi sama, there is one other thing that I have come to ask you."

I swallowed the growing fear that was stuck on my throat to be able to voice out what is next.

"Well um I "

"Spit it out, I have other matters to attend to, mainly the Hokage's emergency meeting that will happen half an hour later."

"Um of course! Um you see I have been thinking."

"Go on"

"Well you see there is an upcoming war coming and I want to marry her after the war. I would like to ask your daughter's hand in marriage."

"No"

"W- What?"

"As you have said, Naruto kun. There is a war coming and if you two are to be engaged before said war, who knows if it will hinder you. Love at war is not always a good thing. If you were to be in any danger, my daughter would most definitely risk her life to save yours. The risk of this happening would be higher if you were to be her fiance. So befor the war, I do not give my blessings in you asking her hand in marriage."

I looked dejected but agreed with his reasoning. He was right in some context but it was really confusing since Author sama does not know what he is writing either. It might hinder us.

"I understand, Hiashi sama."

"Good. And by the way, if you hurt my daughter once, I will end you no matter what"

His byakugan activating as killing intent flooded the room, making me feel fear from being threatened a second time today.

"I would never hurt her! And um, could you please act surprise by the news of the upcoming war? I was not supposed to tell anyome yet."

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly as Hiashi sama's face still remained neutral.

"Of course."