22: Aftermath

The four men who were injured were admitted to the Hosu General Hospital. Rin was taken into S.H.E.I.L.D's care with plenty of food and water for Venom, she healed in an hour.

"Did you sleep, Midoriya?" Todoroki asked the green haired kid.

"No, not really." The boy answered.

"I didn't think so." Todoroki said. "Me neither."

"Thinking about that fight. We witnessed something pretty amazing." Midoriya said while looking at the ceiling. Todoroki nodded in response. "Seeing an ending like that makes you feel like it's a miracle we survived."

"No. It wasn't a miracle." Iida said, the two other boys looked at him. "Rin is the reason we're still breathing. We should be grateful to her."

"Yeah." Midoriya nodded.

"Something she said at the fight had me thinking." Todoroki started. "At the fight she said..."

"Hero Killer, Stain. For killing many heroes and injuring many more beyond recovery, you are being taken into S.H.I.E.L.D custody."

"...She said she was interning with them but it sounded like she was working, giving orders instead of following them."

"You're right." Midoriya said. The door to the room opened, Gran Torino and Manual were standing at the door.

"Oh, are you injured kids awake." Gran Torino asked. He then looked at Midoriya. "Idiot. I could yell at you for hours right now."

"Yeah I'm sorry-"

"But before I do." Gran Torino looked back at the door. "You've got a visitor." A tall man with a dog head stood between the two heroes. "This is Hosu's chief of police, Tsuragamae Kenji." The students were about to stand up but was stopped by the chief.

"So, you're the UA students who took down the Hero Killer, huh?" The dog man asked.

"Actually, Iida, Todoroki, and I just clashed with him. Our classmate, Rin Kaibutsu was actually the one who took him down just to save us." Midoriya clarified.

"I see...However, Stain had serious injuries. Severe burns, broken bones, and is currently being treated under strict guard, woof. Being UA students, I'm sure you already know that when quirks arrived, the police made sure that quirks were not to be used as weapons. Then the 'hero' profession came in to fill the gap, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury. Wether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you had the authority to harm the villain. That means the three of you, and your supervisors- Endeavor, Manual and Gran Torino- should revive harsh punishment for this gross abuse of your powers."

"Now wait a minute." Todoroki said with a somewhat angry look. "If Iida had not stepped in, Native would've been murdered. And if not for Midoriya, both of them would be dead. No one else even realized that the hero killer was in Hosu. Are you saying we should've just stood by and watched people die."

"So it's okay to break the law as long as it goes your way?" The chief asked, making Todoroki gasp. "Besides, very powerful people knew Stain was in Hosu. An agency called S.H.I.E.L.D. contacted us earlier that day and told us they would catch him that very night, you just beat them too it." The three boys eyes widened as they remembered that name. "Now, what I've said is the official stands at the price department. But any punishment would be necessary if this went public. If it did you would probably be applauded by citizens everywhere. But there's no way you could escape from being reprimanded. On the other hand, we could say that Endeavor saved the day. Stains burns would support this story, and we could present you three weren't involved, woof."