72: Suneater of the Big Three

"Are you sure he can handle them?" Locklock asked while the rescue group was running through the halls. Tamaki insisted to be left behind to deal with the three Hassaikai members.

"I have faith in him. He's stronger than anybody here. His only weakness is self-confidence. The pressure to do thing perfectly sometimes leaves him feeling crushed. Breaking his spirit. And yet, he's risen to become one of UA's Big Three under those conditions. So I trust him when he says he can take them down those thugs on his own. If he believes in himself, I believe in him!" Fatgum said confidently.

In the room where the fight was taking place. Well it wasn't really a fight as much as Tamaki keeping the three from moving with his octopus tentacles.

'These guys are here to keep us from getting to Rin and the target. It's strange that Irinaka isn't using his mimicry to help them out though. Did he prioritize the police officers left up top? Whatever the case, these criminals are mine.' Tamaki thought to himself to get determined. His nerves can't make him slip up now.

'Not being able to use my quirk. It felt so weird.' The blonde Yakuza thought worriedly.

'They might be tough, but I just have to make sure they don't get up for a while.' Tamaki thought to himself to plan.

"I'm gonna knock you out. Sorry, this might hurt a bit." The blue haired teen apologized and went to punch the blonde one in the middle. But she suddenly stood up and ran full force towards Tamaki, getting a face full of tentacle. Tamaki moved back as the tentacle that hid the thug's face had quite a bit of blood escaping a cut. 

"Surprise! Made you flinch, didn't I? I know you're in a bind here, but you can't hesitate when it come to us. When you're fighting people who're basically human garbage, you have no idea what nightmares these masks might be hiding." The guy said. Poking out his mask was a knife with some blood on the end.

"Whatever that guy's quirk was, it's worn off." The bald one said as he stood up and crystals formed on his body. He then broke apart the tentacles holding him. Tamaki then formed a oyster but it was immediately takes from an unknown force. Right into the hand of the blonde Yakuza.

"You can't kill us, can you? Bit of a handicap dontcha think? Stupid heroes code." The same guy commented.

'Larceny. His power lets him steal anything his opponents have equipped. I guess my shell counts as something he can take.' Tamaki studied in his mind.

"See we've given up everything, even our lives. I was so hopeless once I even tried to jump to my death." The blonde one, apparently his name is Setsuno, said. "'Cept some righteous hero stopped me! You can't understand people who don't see the point of living. And that's why we'll beat you."

"The boss took us from the trashheap and gave us a new life. Even trash has its pride." The no longer bald one said. He now had a head of glorious, lucios...crystals as hair. "He expected more from us. So we became more!" He said as he punched Tamaki in the face with his fist formed into crystals.

[Author: NO MAH BABY!]

Tamaki just couldn't help but remember his friendship with Mirio.

During physical exams at school, Tamaki could only grow a tiny plant out his hand.

"What's wrong Amajiki? With your quirk you should be doing more impressive things by now. Are you are you still feeling nervous? Oh, well. Don't force yourself. Back in line." The teacher brushed off his question and Tamaki walked back into the group of students.

'All sorts of people have quirks. Not just heroes. In outrage quirk training classes, we tried to figure out the different ways we could utilize our powers in the future. As adults.'