47: Finishing Group

Two hardy laughs filled the empty finishers room.

"So-" The male voice was cut off by his own laugh. "So, the first time you played a horror game. You literally cursed out the made up character?"

"Yes! Do you know how scary that shit is? Cursing at my fears is how I get over them." The female said which started another wave of laughter.

"It's been really great talking with you, Rin." The male said with a smile.

"Yeah. You're a funny guy, Inasa." Rin said with a smile. More people started walking into the room but Rin didn't want to make friends with any more strangers. "If you don't mind me asking. Why did you deny the offer from UA?" Her question made Inasa visibly flinch.

"It's a...personal topic." He said.

"Alright, I won't pry." She said and leaned her head against her folded arms. She then looked over at the door and noticed a familiar dual haired boy walk into the room. "One of my classmates just got here."

She stood up from the chair causing Inasa to do the same.

"It was nice meeting you Inasa." She said with a smile and raised hand, offering a handshake.

"It is nice to meet such an honorable opponent." He said loudly and accepted the handshake.

"Good luck." She said and waved away while turning around. Inasa followed where she was walking and made eye contact with Todoroki. The larger boy glared at Todoroki before turning away and going to talk to other students.

'If he applied through recommendations, I should have seen him at the entrance exam.' Todoroki thought to himself.

"Yo, Todoroki." Rin said and waved while walking up to him. "Looks like we're the only ones who passed so far."

"Oh, hello Kaibutsu." Todoroki said in his monotone voice while turning towards her.

"Dude, no need to be so formal. Like I said before, call me Rin." She said with a smile

"Very well. Then call me Shoto."

Nah I'm sticking with Elsa.

Why did they have to make a candy cane so freaking hot?!

"So how did you pass?" Rin asked and both of them started walking over to the empty chairs.

"I defeated this class, Seijin I believe they were called. I think there were about...10 of them. They created a plan to use all of their quirks against mine. Sand and water for my flames and physical attacks for my ice." While he explained they found two empty seats.

"Hold on. Sand, water, and fire. That's the perfect combination for a smoke screen." Rin mumbled, to which Todoroki nodded.

"Yes. That's what I did. I created a diversion and while they were distracted, created an explosion. When they fell back to the ground I trapped them in ice." He explained.

"Cool." Rin said but suddenly gasped. "Wait, so you used your fire?" She asked with wide eyes. He looked at her with a raised brow.

"Yes?" He questioned, but his answer caused her to smile.

"I'm so proud of you." She said and playfully punched his shoulder. "You used your fire for a battle." His eyes widened in shock and he looked at his left hand.

"I guess I did." He said and his eyebrows furrowed.

"No, no, no. That's a good thing." She said which caused him to look back at the girl. "You're thinking of your quirk as your own."

Her smile gave him that warm, unknown feeling again.

"So what did you do to pass?" He asked to get his mind off the unknown feeling.

"Oh, it wasn't much. This class just walked into the room I was already in, so I turned off all the lights and took them out one by one." She said while scratching the back of her neck.

"Currently 70 people have passed . Thirty more and we'll be done." The announcer stated and Rin finally realized how many people were now in the waiting room.

'Please hurry.' Rin thought to herself and hoped her class would finish on time. She didn't doubt their ability, it's just that some of her classmates lose track or over estimate their time.

The two dual haired kids heard footsteps growing closer to them. They looked to see who it was and saw Momo, Jiro, Shoji, and Tsu walking up to them. All having targets that were lit up blue.

"Todoroki, Rin!" Momo waved while walking up to them.

"Hey!" Rin said and stood up from her seat, causing Todoroki to do the same.

"I'm glad you two made it." Momo said as the group stoped in front of the two people.

"I didn't doubt you." Tsu said

All of them looked at the large screen on the wall that supervised the whole land.

Is it bad that I hope they don't pass?

'Venom!?!' Rin shouted in her mind.

What!? If they don't pass them I can give them shit about it for the rest of their lives.

Now that you mention it...Yeah! Don't pass 1-A!!!

'You two are diabolical.' Rin scolded in her thoughts.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

[Author: I know, I know. Chapter's short, it's boring, and I hate myself for posting this two days after my usual schedule. I won't make excuses and just say that I'm sorry for not posting.😞]

Deku: Author, you've been staring at that hand sanitizer bottle for half an hour now.

A: *doesn't look away from the bottle*

Deku: *whispers to the others* I don't think she's doing okay.

Todo: This is Author we're talking about...she's never okay.

A: Hand sanitizer has alcohol in it right?

Haga: . . . Yes *starts pulling bottle out of Author's reach*

A: So if I drink enough of it, I'll get drunk?

Iida: I don't think that's how it works.

A: Well then where's a country you can drink at 16?

Jiro: I think...Italy.

A: MOM!!!-

Word count: 982