85: Proud Father Moment

This morning started as one that could wake any tired body. The sun rising, not to bright to blind crusted eyes. And the air so fresh, it alone could make one more awake. The night before, full of questions and some answers. Rin having her phone available 24/7. Never knowing when Eri could wake up. Even now, the device ruining the pleasant morning with its constant ringing. Quickly grabbing the phone and pressing it against her ear.

"Is Eri-"

"RIN IS HERE!!!" A familiar booming voice said on the other side. Having too much energy, too early.

"Oh, hey dad." Rin greeted. Loss in excitement, expecting Aizawa with news about the kid.

"Sorry this is so short notice, but we need your help. We're bringing in guests for the provisional license training, we thought their teacher could use a break while they're here." All might explained. Rin realizing who their guest could.

"I guess I can go. I just didn't expect to be leaving the dorms so soon, after everything that's happened." Venom then formed over her shoulder.

"It's too fucking early for this. LET US SLEEP GOD DAMN IT!!!"

"I'll bring coffee and chocolate."

"Mix those and it's a deal."

"Rin...I know you. It's okay to say no to this. You don't have to do this after going through so much."

"It's okay. My life's gonna have to get back to normal eventually. I just want it to be normal sooner rather than latter. If you know me, then you know how much I hate being useless. And right now...I think this is the most I can help with. Considering all I can do is wait for word on Eri." Rin stated into her blanket with a small scowl. Sure, she just got back from being kidnapped. But she didn't want to be pitied for it.

"Has Aizawa-"

"Yeah, he called last night. It'll be weird having to walk around with someone 24/7. But I get it. It's not safe for me to be alone right now." Rin sighed through her words and flopped back down. Resting her head on her pillow for a few more seconds.

"So you're...okay?" Rin could hear through the phone that he was choosing his words wisely. She also stopped for a second to think about it.

Was she really okay? No one just, gets kidnapped and comes back the same person. Maybe its calm before the crazy. How could she tell? It felt great getting her revenge, but what's left? What's hiding that could be blocking her from being, 'okay?'

"...I think so? Nothing feels, wrong. But, there's a problem with Riot."

"Is this a, tell over the phone or tell in person kinda thing?"

"I think in person would be better. I need your opinion."

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit." Rin silently nodded and was about to hang up. "Hey!"

"Yeah." Rin answered. Putting the phone back to her ear.

"You know I love you, right?" Rin smiled warmly. It's still odd, but still felt nice for a father-no, her father to actually say he loved her.

"I know. I love you too. I'll see you in a bit." Rin then hung up. Not being interrupted this time and just laid in her bed smiling for a bit.

Fiona woke up to the sounds and climbed to rest on her owners chest. Venom doing the same and resting next to the cat. Getting a few moments of comfort before having to be prepared for the day. Rin subconsciously petting both.

"I will admit. It's nice not being on edge constantly. But are you okay? Your thoughts are a jumbled mess. Giving me a headache."

"I guess not. Seeing as I clearly have a screw loose." Rin chuckled to herself. Venom grinning at her joke. "To be honest, when is anyone okay?"