49: Rescue Exercises

Rin looked back at the screen after rolling her eyes at Venom and Riot's antics. Then she noticed people stepping out of the wreckage. Mainly consisting of old people and children.

"These specialists have been trained as professional persons in need of rescue. They're very popular. Introducing the Help, Us, Company, also known as HUC for short." The announcer introduced

So actors who get paid to fake being hurt?

"Well be judging on how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh, by the way. We'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark at the time the exercise comes to an end, then you pass the exam." The announcer explained in his bored tone of voice.

'They'll probably doc points for just standing around. How am I gonna get a passing grade just by saving one person?" Rin thought to herself and didn't care about their classmates loud conversations.

Rin continued having a conversation with Venom and Riot but to everyone else it just looked like she was intensely thinking about something. That is until someone distracted her.

"Hey!" Someone shouted and Rin looked to her right seeing Shindo walking towards her, without his class.

Oh it's the fake bitch.

"I see you passed, congrats." Rin said with a smile while he stopped in front of her.

"You too. Oh, I was meaning to ask. I didn't see you while fighting against your class." Shindo said and let the question speak for itself.

"Oh yeah. I decided to go off and fight on my own. It's better for me to fight alone." Rin said and rubbed the back of her neck. "But now we're saving people so we don't have to strive to beat each other."

"Who ever said I was trying to beat you?" Shindo asked with a fake smile.

"Your eyes told me everything. So there's no need to fake anymore." Rin said with a smile.

"Guess I shouldn't have underestimated you." He said with a true smile. Suddenly an alarm went off and Rin gritted her teeth and slightly hunched over but fought the urge to grab her ears.

"Villains have performed a large-scale terrorist attack spanning all of Insert City Name Here. Since most buildings collapsed, there are many injured." Mera announced.

"Guess that means we're starting." Shindo said and looked over at Rin who still looked in pain but stood up staring and smiled.

"Yeah, good luck." Rin said and walked away. Shindo looked at her suspiciously then went back to his class.

The room opened once again and all the classes started running towards the disaster zone. She caught up to her class but decided to run off in another direction.

"You're going on your own again?" Ojiro asked Rin and she gave a small smile that was blocked by her mask.

"Sorry!" Rin shouted and jumped over a large piece of debris.

Rescuing people is so boring.

For once I whole heartedly agree.

Rin ignored the two simbyotes and jumped up into a crumbled building. She focused on every sound and heard a group of wavered breathing. Rin immediated jumped off the building and ran to the area she heard the crying. When she got there she was a kid trying to help most likely his grandpa out from under a large piece of debris.

"Please! Someone help my grandpa!" The little girl shouted and Rin ran over.

"Don't worry, I'm here to help." Rin said with a smile and even thought it was hidden it eased the actors crying.

"Please help him." The kid cried and Rin nodded before turning her attention to the old man.

"Sir, can you feel both your legs?" She asked seeing that there was blood coming out of his forehead and a pained expression on his face.

"N-No, my right leg hurts a lot." He responded.

"Okay. Hey kid, I'm gonna need your help." Rin said I've to the kid actor. "Once I lift up the debris you think you can get him out from under there?" Rin asked with a smile and the kid nodded with determined eyes. Rin stood up and wrapped the debris with black tendrils. "Ready, one, two, three."

Rin lifted up the large rock and the kid helped the man out from under the rock. Once the man was safe Rin placed the debris back and went over to check the man's leg. After looking at it for a few seconds she figured out what was wrong.

'She's assessing the injuries the second I was free from danger. As well as making sure we aren't scared, exactly what a hero would do.' The actor playing as the grandpa studied.

"It doesn't look broken so that's a good thing but I'm gonna make a quick splint." Rin said and noticed the scared look in the kids face.

"What's a splint?" The kid asked with tears peeking out of their eyes.

"It's just a temporary cast to keep your grandpa's leg from getting anymore injured. Don't worry it won't hurt a bit." Rin said with a smile.

Rin grabbed a nearby piece of pipe and ripped off the arm piece of her costume. She tied her fabric around the leg first since he was wearing shorts and Rin didn't want the wound to get infected. Then she tied the fabric around the pipe to keep his leg strait.

"Let's get you two to a safe place." Rin said and picked up the kid to put them on her back and carried the old man bridal style and made sure to to hurt his leg anymore.

[Author: Piano intermission.]

Lazy ass.

[Author: HEY! I need a break from writing, I don't feel like getting my missing shit done, I have a piano. So shut the fuck up.]

Well...are you good?

[Author: HA, no. I'm shit at it.]

Um, you're forgetting about a certain story.

[Author: Oh right.]

Rin made it to the small medic area and ignored that Venom and Riot were talking to themselves. Rin set the old man down and placed the kid next to him. She then looked around for students who had bandages.

"Can I get some bandages over here!?" Rin shouted and a roll of bandages was tossed over to her. She changed her costume wrap to the bandages and checked if it was okay.

"Thank you for helping my grandpa." The kid said and Rin gave a smile to the actor.

"You were very brave for helping me save him. I think you would make a great hero in the future." Rin said with a smile and the actor had a proud smile on their face. Suddenly there was an explosion nearby the healing area and Rin immediately stood in front of the two people she saved.

"A villain has completed another large-scale attack." The announcer asked.

'So this is what they suggested I do.' Rin thought to herself.

'What would Natasha do?'

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

[Author: Ughhhh that last sentence really hit me in the feels. 😩 But I'm also happy cause I finally got a chapter where it's, A, posted on time. And B, over 1,000 words!]

Iida: Let's get personal, what's the hardest thing for you all to say?

Baku: I'm sorry

Kiri: I need help

Momo: I was wrong.

A: Worstershire, worch- wostchest-...Worce, ster, shire sauce.

Iida: . . . Wostchestershire sauce... You're right.

A: Boi I know I'm right.

Word count: 1248