12: Strategy, Strategy, Strategy

"Now let me explain the rules of this Cavalry battle." Midnight said, waving her whip in the air. "There is a time limit of fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members points and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to to grab others headbands until time runs out. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. Most importantly, if your teams headband is stolen, or if your team fails, you're not out of the game!"

"There are 40 people who passed, which means there will be at least 10 teams running around." Rin mumbled.

Things are gonna get messy really fast.

"During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirk." Midnight said. "But it is still a Cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that try to make other people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately!"

"Damn it." Bakugo cursed.

"Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

Great, here comes the masses. Quick, pretend you don't speak Japanese!

The girl who held second place was swarmed with people asking her to be on their team. Through the crowd she noticed her green haired friend wasn't as popular. It looked like he tried to get Ojiro, but was rejected by the blonde who was awkwardly scooting away.

No, we are not taking pity on him.

The girl ignored Venom and politely rejected the requests and made her way towards Midoriya.

She lightly tapped his shoulder to get his attention, "I'll be on your team Izuku."

His eyes turned into geysers which startled his friend. "Rin! Are you sure!? Everyone will be after me because of my ten million points."

Uraraka joined the conversation, "Deku, Kaibutsu! Let's be a team!" More tears made their way out of Midoriya's eyes.

"Let's talk strategy." Rin said to her teammates. "Everyone will be coming after us. If we simply play keep away then we can get into the finals."

You're torturing me. I wanna kick some ass!

"I think you are either overestimating me or underestimating everyone else here." Midoriya said softly.

"No way!" The two girls exclaimed at the same time.

"Anyway, it's better to team up with
who you get along with!" Uraraka said with a smile.

Rin hummed in agreement. "Also, you two seen so determined that you're willing to fight to the end." The duel haired girl said, filled with determination.

[Author: Yes I did just make and Undertale reference. You can't stop me!]

Midoriya had a weird face and a small hint of pink in his cheeks.