Chapter 9

Yua's POV
I was now preparing for my second mission together with Kyojuro, also I decided to wear a demon slayer uniform. Shinobu insisted it that even if I'm not a demon slayer I should still use it and I can't argue to that, the cloth was also strong and hard, it was also comfortable for me to use than wearing a kimono. My new sword was also delivered yesterday, I'm still amazed that the nichirin sword changed it's color.

That's why Shinobu told me that I had the potential to become a demon slayer but it's okay if I'm not one of them. As long as I can fight, I'm fine with it. I then wrapped my haori around my shoulder before going out,  the trio girls appeared with basket in their hands making them greet me. I smiled and greet back before tapping their heads and waving my hand. When I reached outside, Kyojuro can be seen standing and crossing his hand while looking at the sky with a smile.

" Sorry for making you wait." I said while giving a small smile, he then faced me before smiling widely.

" No, it's okay!" He replied making me just smiled at his cheerful voice, I slowly approached him making him tapped my head. " Let's go." I then nod my head, before we start walking, footsteps can be heard behind us together with a loud thud making us looked behind and saw Miyoko panting.

" Miyoko? What are you-"

" Yua-neesan!" I flinched when she yelled making me stared at her serious face. But I was shocked when she tackled me into hug, we nearly fell down but thankfully Kyojuro grabbed my shoulder before that happened.

" What's wrong with you?" I asked while pulling the hug and faced her, she also faced me with worried and serious face.

" Please come back to us safe and sound! Promise me!" She said while glaring at me making me giggle, her eyes widened maybe I just laugh sincerely without faking it. I gently kneeled down to reach her height, she is not that short but she is also growing up.

" I promise, so don't worry. Also Kyojuro is with me so it will be fine." I reassured while ruffleling her hair, she pouted making me laugh before standing up.

" Also, don't come back showing me a depressed look." She said still pouting making me laugh awkwardly, did I really maked her worried that much, but maybe. Even Kyojuro took me for a date just to make me happy.

" Hai, hai. Well, the two of us will be going." I said and ruffle her hair one last time.

" Kyojuro-niisan, take care of Yua-nee!" Miyoko cheerfully said making Kyojuro grinned and nod as he waved his hand. I give her one last glance and smile before fully turning my back and started walking together with Kyojuro. This will be my first time having a mission with Kyojuro, well he only helped me in my last mission and also with Sora.

Still, Sora didn't talked to me or even visit me making me a little bit sad. But as long as he is okay, I'm fine with it. Now, I should focus on our mission, a hashira is with me so I shouldn't let myself get in his way if we meet a demon, a higher rank one. Hiro told me the details yesterday that lots of travelers died on the road, not far away from Asakusa. Every morning a dead or incomplete body was found, it's a little bit scary but demons who ate lot's of people are strong enough. We should be careful.

*****
On the way, Kyojuro and I started talking about demons and other stuff  to entertain ourselves from the long journey. Asakusa is not that far but it will take four hours to arrive in the city. A smile appeared in my face when Kyojuro started talking about his mother who encourage him to be strong and become a demon slayer like his father.

" You're mother was amazing, if she was still alive maybe she was proud of you Kyojuro." I said with a bit sad and gentle smile, Kyojuro smiled before nodding.