t h i r t y e i g h t

Probably one of the longest chapters I've ever written. Enjoy :)

Elias Easton

I'm feeling everything at once, yet at the same time, nothing at all as I saw Anthony with another guy.

After deciding myself that I was fully recovered and didn't need any further medication or treatment, I didn't waste more time and immediately drove to Anthony's apartment. I knew that it was irresponsible of me to do that in my unstable physical state and while my stomach didn't stop cramping painfully, my head pounded fiercely and my whole body was shaking slightly. I really hoped that I wouldn't collapse.

My chest was tight, built up with disappointment, sadness and anger. I had to admit that it was hard to control all those feelings at once. Especially as I saw Anthony just stepping inside the car of another guy I've never seen before.

While still sitting in my car, I took a picture of this stranger and sent it to Eric to find out who this bastard was.

In my mind, I've been hoping all the time that maybe...Anthony liked me just a little bit. All the people I've been interested in until now, couldn't get enough of me and were literally chasing after me. Take Leah as an example.

But Anthony did quite the opposite of what I was normally used to. He never smiled in my presence, insulted me, ran away and even tried to kill me.

Those were all reasons for me to actually end his life.

He was completely blind to see the progress I've made or maybe it wasn't enough to make up for everything I've done.

Gosh, if others would have seen me, a leader of a mafia, running after a person, that obviously didn't care for me. Nobody would have taken me seriously anymore.

My parents always taught me to immediately kill anyone who dared to stand up against me and be disrespectful towards me. It was a rule I've followed my whole life, but was currently breaking it.

My younger sister, Emily, who got killed years ago made that mistake. She fell in love with a boy, who didn't love her back but she couldn't let him go. She kidnapped him and tried anything to make him love her back, but just like it was the case for me nothing worked out. In the end, she let him free. It was a lost fight and from there on she really didn't care for anything anymore, didn't talk, didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't sleep,... So, it wasn't surprising that on day when we got attacked by one of our rivals that she didn't even try to defend herself, she literally just waited for that one bullet to be shot at her and then she was gone.

I guess that's probably why arranged marriages were so common for us. You were just supposed to create strong alliances and not ask yourself the question if you really loved the person you were together with. You always needed a clear head to avoid making mistakes and love wasn't exactly helping to achieve that.

I always wondered if my parents actually loved each other. I've never asked myself that question, always thinking that love would form over time. But maybe they just simply learned to accept each other.

"Excuse me Sir, but you can't just sit here without ordering anything." A young and petite waitress with a darker skin tone told me, probably working in this restaurant, this guy took Anthony out, to pay for her studies. 

"And stop stalking other clients." She added as I resumed to observe Anthony and his date.

I managed to get into this restaurant without both of them seeing me and while they sat 'romantically' next to a window from where you had a great view over the city by night, I sat in one of the empty corners. I chose the best seat, where I could see them perfectly but they couldn't see me. That way I could silently make a plan what I'd do with this guy.