t w e n t y t w o

Elias Easton

Everyone was quiet as the music started to play and all eyes were on the entrance of the other side of the hall. Everybody was waiting to see the bride. I did tell my guests that it was a man, but neither of them knew who he was.

I was so excited to see all their shocked faces, when they saw what a gem I managed to get a hold on. Of course, the majority of them would realize that I didn't marry just a random unknown person, but Dr. Anthony Lawrence. The person, who went missing exactly one month ago.

They would immediately know that I kidnapped him sort of, but I didn't have to tell them lies and stories like I did with my parents. Because nobody would tell me anything to avoid getting me pissed and losing the important alliance with me and my family.

We didn't do the personal stuff. It was all about business. And in my opinion it should also stay that way, because I didn't like anyone of them. In fact, I loathed them all and making them jealous by showing everyone my angel was a great satisfaction for me.

My day went by pretty relaxed and even though it was my first marriage, I was neither nervous nor stressed out.

Cassie did a great job at planning the wedding. Everything was exactly as I imagined it to be and there was no chaos at all, which would normally be the case when you only had two weeks to plan out an entire wedding for over two thousand people.

All the decoration and the size of the building showed the wealth and the prosperity of my family. The others were overwhelmed and couldn't stop looking around to admire everything. That was exactly my goal.

Anthony didn't have that goal in mind and therefore I planned literally everything, except for our wedding night.

It was nobody's business what our wedding night would look like, aside from me and Anthony. And because he didn't get to plan anything regarding the marriage and was not to forget a virgin after all, it was just fair that he took over this part. Everything I wanted for him was to feel comfortable and at ease tonight.

But to my disappointment, he was stubborn as always and told Cassie he wanted nothing. Cassie has asked me afterward if I had any wishes instead or if she should plan something on her own. But why would I do that?

If it was what Anthony wanted, then it was fine by me. I wouldn't concentrate on the decoration tonight anyway. But I knew for a fact that Anthony would regret it.

Before I could drown deeper in my thoughts I heard the orchestra starting to play the usual wedding music. I flattened my white suit a little to look on point and instantly the door opened to reveal my precious Angel. He was wearing a white suit just like me and was accompanied by several flower children, who threw rose petals and my father, because obviously he couldn't have his own here and it would look ridiculous to let him walk alone.

All eyes were on Anthony and I guess he probably just realized how a crowd of thousands of people looked like. And if you counted the staff too we were probably even more than that, that were waiting to see him.

He was doing a great job at faking his joy, so that nobody got suspicious. But to me it was clear that it was just a facade and that he was feeling anything but happy.

As for me I couldn't hide my bright smile as he approached me and finally came to stand in front of me. I was also beaming with pride as my eyes swept over the people's faces, only to see plain and simple amazement due to Anthony's mesmerizing beauty.

But I could fully understand their reaction, because even I had difficulties to concentrate on what was happening around me and what the priest was saying.