t w e n t y f o u r

Elias Easton

His provocative smile made me boil inside and I tried my hardest to ignore the angry stares from Jace and his men.

They were one of our most important allies and people we could always count on, whatever problem we had.

Jace and I knew each other pretty well, literally since we were only starting to walk, but I wouldn't consider us friends. That's a label only Eric reached until now.

Jace glared at me with a clear demand to show Anthony a hard time for what he had done or he would probably break the strong bond our families tried to keep for all these years.

That was sadly how all the mafias I knew worked. One little mistake and suddenly you have a handful of enemies, that wanted your death.

Anthony obviously didn't know about that or at least he didn't care, what wouldn't be so unlikely either.

The moment I was by his side I grabbed him harshly by his arm and pulled him outside the hall with me.

Just like Jace many people I passed by were looking at me expectantly to give Anthony a lecture and punish him, which was kinda sick.

I knew that Anthony with his badass attitude could be a pain in the ass sometimes, but until now he never did something out of nothing. Jace probably provoked him or something.

But the problem was that this was Jace, multi-millionaire, coming from a wealthy family and with a strong mafia supporting him... And this was Anthony. Someone literally nobody cared about.

And therefore, no one was interested in finding out, who was the guilty party, because it didn't matter what happened, Anthony would always be the one to blame.

As we both walked outside in the darkness of the night and the chilly air, I removed my hand from his arm and leaned against the wall of the building.

"What exactly didn't you understand as I told you to stay out of trouble tonight and respect everyone of our guests!" I asked in an angry tone.

"Our guests?!" Anthony scoffed, still not taking the situation seriously. "I don't know anyone of these people. I'm completely alone, while you have fun. And then you even expect from me to treat everyone with respect, when everybody is treating me like garbage? I have fucking feelings and no matter how hard I want to just give a fuck about everything that is happening to me right now, I can't!"

Anthony let out a heavy sigh and looked away from me into the dark sky full of stars. He was again on the edge of crying, but tried his hardest to not break down in tears in front of me.

"Look, I'm not completely blind and heartless. I know that you have really much to endure right now, but I can only do so much to make you feel better," I tried to explain.

"You know what would have make me feel better?! If you didn't kidnap me in the first place, everything else is useless."

"We already talked about that thousands of times. I can't change the past and I honestly also don't want to," I admitted.

"Well, obviously you don't want to, because you wouldn't have a boytoy to play with whenever you are bored,"Anthony hissed.

I felt myself slowly losing control during this conversation.

"Look, I'm not gonna to punish you, because I know Jace and that he can be an asshole sometimes. But when we go back you will at least apologize to him, okay?" I asked, hoping that he wouldn't continue arguing with me and just go with it.

Well, no.

"I won't apologize to someone, who hurt me and not the other way around," He retorted and I sighed out of frustration.