e l e v e n

Anthony Lawrence

For the third time that night, I kneeled down in front of the the toilet in the bathroom. First, I threw up my dinner, which consisted of bread and vegetables. But now I didn't have anything left in my stomach anymore and the urge to vomit didn't go away.

I stood up slowly, cautious to not fall down to the hard bathroom floor and washed out my mouth with cold water. I also washed my face in order to wake myself up a little, which was rather hard, when you literally didn't sleep for a whole week.

My whole body was shaking out of exhaustion and weakness, my stomach hurt and I had a strong vertigo. I didn't look at my appearance in the mirror, because it would only worsen my mood. My neck still hurt as well and sometimes I still felt Elias' harsh grip on it.
I flushed my vomit away and carefully stepped into my bedroom.

I sat down on the bed and took some deep breaths to calm down. But it only helped for a few minutes before I restarted to panic.

My eyes wandered for what felt like the thousandth time to my bedside table, where I've placed the golden ring. I have taken it off immediately the moment I was in my room to not be reminded of my circumstances and my unwanted future with an unwanted man.

Fortunately, I managed to not break down in tears and fall into a deep depression. It was hard to accept the way my life would take or has already taken.

I would be the husband of a mafiaboss. Or not even that... husband was just a formal title. I would be nothing else for him, but his personal slut. I didn't have any rights, opinions or space anymore. And the moment he would be tired of me, he'd kill me without any mercy or regrets.

I tried to comfort myself with the thought that I've done the right choice and that most importantly my family and friends were safe. But it only made me feel slightly better.

Why me?

I asked myself. The same question everyone would ask themselves, if they were in a fucked up situation like mine.

After a while of drowning in my depressive thoughts about my depressive future, I decided to stand up from the bed and walk around a little bit. Even though I still felt sick and tired, I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight and that I would go crazy by thinking too much about everything that could happen to me.

I stepped out of the room into the dark and empty hallway. I didn't really have a place in mind, where I could go to distract myself from reality. I simply walked.

Elias' mansion, as I could now call him, was gigantic. I could even define it as a palace. It has so many rooms for guests, family and staff and many different sections like the medical area, where I worked or the gym area for example.

Next to his mansion was another palace-like mansion that was slightly smaller than Elias'. I supposed that it belonged to his parents, but I wasn't sure.

"Hey, who are you and what are you doing here?" A man suddenly shouted from behind me, which made me jump out of shock. He switched the lights on and pointed a gun straight at my head.

Judging from his uniform, he was a guard. He wore an all black uniform with a bulletproof vest and black boots. He was oddly attractive with blue eyes and chocolate brown hair that was cut short. He was a little bit older than me too, probably around 30 years old. But I couldn't analyze him any further, because he still had his gun pointed at me. He stared at me with a menacing glare and I didn't really know how to react.

"I was feeling bad and just wanted to walk around for a bit...?" I tried to explain, which unintentionally sounded more like a question.

"Are you kidding me? That's the worst lie I've ever heard, tell me the truth!" He ordered.