Chapter 9

Fili gripped the front of Kasper's saddle so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. The wind whipped around them as Kasper ran effortlessly over the bumpy ground.
The wargs barked and growled. There were only three wargs left- the bodies of the three others lay trailing behind them. One of them was fast catching up with Kasper, nipping and biting at his heels.
Elfreda turned and saw this, but she could not let go of the reins.
"Here, take the reins!" she called. She reached over the top of the dwarf and handed him the soft leather reins. As soon as he locked onto the reins like a limpet, Eflreda leaned back drawing her sword.
She turned in the saddle, so she was back to back with the dwarf. As the warg got within arms reach, her sword plunged into its skull. It gargled as she pulled out the blade and executed the orc as it tried to climb up the dying warg to reach her.
Thorin watched with concerned eyes. Gandalf put his hand on the future kings shoulder
"Who is that?" he asked, the rest of the company and Bilbo looking blank.
"Someone who you do not need to worry about, Thorin," comforted the wizard. They both looked on with amazed eyes as dwarf, rider and horse weaved in and out of the ground- Fili trying to direct the disobedient horse toward his companions. Elfreda grapped his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Kasper, you gotta listen to him now, alright?" she shouted. Kasper, whinnied. She tapped in Fili's shoulder "You can do this,"

With that, she lent back and backwards rolled off the back off Kasper and landed two feet on the ground, an arrow launching off of her bow. A warg attacked her from behind, pinning her to the ground, drool raining down from its foul face. She struggled under its weight, her ribs cracking. She reached for her sword, it was just out of her hand. The orc laughed. Then Elfreda remembered. Her hair was held up by a small dagger, she pulled it out and stabbed the large hound in its paw. It howled in pain, and Elfeda rolled over, grabbed her sword and stabbed at it. It fell over her onto the ground- dead. That was the last of the scouting pack, the others were madly chasing around after Radagast. Elfreds got up and ran to where the dwarves were hidden.

Where the dwarves where hidden, they too were n a tight situation. One of the orc riders was right above them. Fili by that time and arrived and also was hidden, holding Kasper's reins to stop him from running off. Throin looked at his youngest nephew, Kili who was the archer of the group who understood his uncles looks tht he must be the one to kill the warg. He also armed his bow and with a quick count to three his jumped out of hiding and shot the orc. The warg leaped down where it was mauled and killed by the other dwarves.

They heard footsteps from around the otherside of the rock. Elfreda, with her face hidden stopped only just intime beofre the Throin could slice off her head.

"No!" Fili pleaded. Elfreda let out a sigh of relief as Thorin lowered his new sword. Fili walked up to her and held out his hand, "Thank you, for saving my life I am in your dept." he stated. Elfreda nodded in her thanks and shock his hand.

"May we know who you are, so we can put a face to our hero?" questioned Balin. From behind them, Gandalf mouthed no. Elfreda let out a short laugh.

"My dear dwarf, I am sorry to declin your question of identity as you and I are not qutie ready to be shown yet" she flowed "I now must save your dear wizard friend, Radagast from a fate worse than death"

With that, she hopped on Kasper who turned and as fast as they came, left with a gust of the wind.

Fili may of been of royal blood, but he knew how to tkae things without being seen. He had taken the braclet of his saviour. It shone like diamonds. He placed it round round his wrist, in memerory of his protector- he knew, deep down, the person his owed his life would return for it.