Chapter Six

Like a swarm of ant the dwarves ran about everywhere. The three trolls screamed as they tried to understand what was going on. They stabbed and sliced the trolls, but they were kicked and thrown all over the place; the trolls stamped the ground, swinging their grotesque arms like huge clubs but the dwarves jumped and ducked over and under them. It was all very hectic and loud.

Bilbo, however much he tried to get out of it, ended up in the thick of it. He ran through the legs of the beasts and hid behind their huge cooking utensils. For the hobbit, this was all very new to him and he was leaning on the job. He spotted the ponies, they were even more scared than before. He picked up the long blade that the skinny troll had dropped and jogged over to the make-shift pen that the ponies were kept in and started sawing at the thick rope.

From her vantage point, Elfreda was rather confused, this fight had no order, no plan other than run in and beat the trolls up. She saw Ori hit the skinny one with his sling, he then ran as the troll lumbered after him. He picked up Ori. Without reacting, Elfreda shot an arrow at the same time Thorin lept up and slashed it. The troll dropped Ori and pulled out the peacock feather fletched arrow out and discarded it onto the ground. Dwalin smacked one in the face with his mace.

The ponies were free. They bolted, galloping as fast as they could, ignoring anything in their path. This included Elfreda who had jumped off the small vertical wall into the oncoming stampede. She quickly jumped out the way, but tripped. She smacked her face against a rock and all went black......

Gandalf stirred. He must of drifted off. The sound of clashing metal made him jump up, grabbing his staff he ran off. It was a good job too. The dwarves were wrapped up in bags. Some were strapped to a giant log, being cooked alive. Gandalf's mind wandered to his other friend- if she was not there to look after them, what had happened to her?

Bilbo was stood, trying to put the trolls off from eating his comrades. So far, it was not working and the dwarves had not taken kindly to him saying they had parasites. However, they had now come round to the idea.

"I've got parasites as big as my arms!" admitted Oin.

"I've got the biggest parasites, I've got huge parasites!" cried Kili. All the dwarves started talking about their fantasy diseases and made up issues which would prevent them from becoming fast food for a troll. They were soon running out of ideas and the possibility of becoming food was dawning on them as fast as the sun was rising.

"The dawn will take you all!" exploded Gandalf as he slammed his staff onto the rock he was stood on. It split in half with a huge crack. Sunlight exploded across the small open space. The trolls grunted and groaned, their skin bubbling and burning, slowly turning into stone. The company looked on with amazement as the beasts they tried so hard to dispatch with brute force, crumbled and came to an end in a dapple of sunlight. After the trolls converted, the grey wizard disappeared. He speed walked through the surrounding trees, until he came across Elfreda, looking like she had falled asleep apart from the small trikle of blood running down her temple from the cut on her head. He gasped and ran over to treat her. Gandalf shook her shoulders. Elfreda stirred, rollong her head from side to side. She opened her eyes.

"What happened, Gandalf?" she grogily asked. The wizard wiped the dried blood off of her face.

"You must of hit your head, look before you leap," he mocked. Elfreda shook her head and stood up. She brushed herself down and picked up her weapons. She smiled at Gandalf, nodding to say that she was fine. Gandalf still looked unsure but took her word for it. He left, going back to the company.

Still rather dazed, Elfreda hobbled back towards her camp, raisin her hood to shield her eyes from the fresh morning sun.

Meanwhile Ori had finished getting himself redressed after his incident of almost being cooked alive. Fili went over to check on his friend but Ori was looking at something else. It was a thin, hooded figure, with high leather boots, a bow in the figure's hand.
"Look Fili, a fairy!" he said, rather loudly. It was loud enough for Elfreda to hear. She turned making eye contact with the two dwarves. She gasped running off into the trees, her cape flowing out behind her like a shadow.
The two dwarves stood there in awe as the fairy tales of beautiful fairies came flooding back into the memories.