Chapter 8

Radagast erupted from the edge of the forest, being chased by up to fifteen wargs. The rather batty wizard, cackled and jeered at them as he whizzed around like a mad baboon. The orcs, upon their wargs, chased after him, shouting orders to each other as they tried to hunt down the weird, but carefully planned, wizard.

From behind a rock, Gandalf and the company, waited for Radagast to lead the orc pack away from, them so that they could get to safety. They ran through the harsh landscape, dodging and taking shelter around huge rocks that were dotted around the place stuck up like trees. They ran as fast as they could; until Thorin stopped dead in his tracks. The Wargs were no more tan ten feet in front of them, and the dwarves could been seen as plain as day. All of the froze like a rabbit in headlights.

A small group of the wargs, turned to face them and started to charge at them. Like a drop of water in a petri dish, the company dispersed, running madly in all different directions. The orcs seemed to laugh at them as they wildly ran about the countryside, find a place to regroup.

Kasper, galloped like the wind and Elfreda did very little to control him- she trusted him with her life. The spotted stallion almost trampled, the Grey Wizard and Bilbo as Gandalf tried to get the hobbit to a safe place where Bilbo could be hidden whilst he found the rest of the company. Luckily, Elfreda had her hood clipped to her, so it did not come undone again. Gandalf patted the horse's neck. He spoke to Elfreda in elvish.

"Protect the company, kill the wargs!" he whispered.

Elfreda shook her head, she replied in the common tongue "I will do as you ask, Gandalf but your companion, Bilbo, should know the task- do not hide from him" Gandalf grumbled to himself but nodded in agreement. Elfreda then turned to Bilbo, her face still covered b the shadow of her cloak.

"You really are an amazing hobbit, Bilbo Baggins- I will look forward to meeting you again," she said. Bilbo blushed, his cheeks turning pink with embarrassment, shuffling into the overcast of Gandalf- to hear such a complement from someone he did not know was extremely flattering.

Kasper turned, trotting out of hiding behind the rock, his ears twitching and his heart beating fast. By now most of the dwarves had regrouped and had begun running toward Gandalf and Bilbo. Thorin, Kili, Balin, Dwalin, Dori and Ori were together and Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur and Bomber and Nori in another. Fili on the other hand was no where to be seen, Elfreda glanced around worryingly, he was heir to Erebor.

She spotted him but in a bad situation. He had been surrounded by at least a 5 of the small group of warg scouts. He was armed only with his two short swords, backed up against a rather large boulder. With a quick, kick in stomach Kasper lurched forward at an amazing pace, sprinting across the rough ground like a race horse. The horse and rider galloped up behind the rock, running up the slope. As Kasper jumped, Elfreda armed her bow and shot the first warg dead inbetween the eyes. Kasper landed with fabulous grace and elegance whilst another arrow took out the dead wargs rider.
Fili looked on in awe. Suddenly the figure turned to him, "climb on Durin's son"
The young dwarf did so without asking questions. Once again a brightly coloured arrow whistled past him, hitting an attacking Orc in the process.
Once Fili was on, Kasper bolted.
"I hope you don't mind jumping!" the hooded figure laughed. Poor Fili did not manage to speak before Kasper jumped right over one of the wargs, knocking off the Orc and trampling it into the ground.
The trio were free, but fighting.