Chaptet 13

Lindir guided Elfreda to a small stone building on the edge of Rivendell. They talked about many things, including how much the dwarves had drunk and the kitchens were working full time to feed their stomachs.

The pair walked into the White Council's meeting which had started without them. Elrond, Gandalf, Saruman and Galadriel were either sat or stood in deep debate. Elfreda and Lindir stood in silence, both watching the rather argumentative discussion. Both of them looked at each other with surprise in their eyes- this meeting was intense for two wizards and two elves.

Suddenly the open room went quiet, the councillors had turned turned to look at them. Lindir bowed turning on his heels and left.
"I'll see you soon, Elfreda,"

This left Elfreda in the spotlight. Then Galadriel seemingly floated over to her. The white dressed elf embraced Elfreda and invited her to sit at the table.

The meeting continued.

There was a lot of debate. Gandalf sat at the table with his head in his hands whilst Saruman lectured him about consulting the other members of the council before taking extreme action. Elfreda sat there in complete silence, not knowing why she was there. But Elfreda could feel something in her soul that was dark.
"The dragon has long been on your mind." stated Galadriel. Gandalf nodded.
"It is true my lady," Gandalf then went on to explain how dragons could be used in war with the enemy. With the word of an enemy, Saruman sat up in his chair.
"Gandalf the enemy is defeated, Sauron is vanquished- he can never regain his strength" the white wizard said looking straight at Elfreda.

Elfreda could not breathe. Her chest was so tight, it felt it could burst. The thought horrified her, the return of the darkness which had ripped so much away from her. The elven queen placed a soft hand on Elfreda's shoulder. A presence filled her mind.
"Let me in" it said. It was soft and calm, assuring. It was the voice of Lady Galadriel. Elfreda opened her mind to her, sharing her emotions and suffering with the elf. Instantly a light as bright as the sun pushed the darkness away.

The voice came to her again
"Fight him, we will guide you" The feeling of the light left her as Galadriel took her hand away.

"Are we at peace?" questioned Gandalf "there is something at work beyond the evil of Smaug, something even more powerful" The grey man talked about Mirkwood and the Necromancer.

Once again, Elfreda pushed the evil out of her mind. For once, Elfreda wanted to believe Saruman, that this magician was just a mortal man. Then she scowled at him as he abused the choices of her teacher, Radagast.
"Radagast is a better man than you ever will!" Elfreda blurted.
Saruman dismissed her sudden comment and continued.
"It's not that, it's his excessive consumption of mushrooms!" Saruman argued.

All of a sudden, Gandalf stopped listening. He looked far out into the early morning. Then from under his cape he pulled out the stained fabric, Radagast had given him. Gandalf laid it on the table in front of them. Elrond unwrapped the package to show a small black blade.
Elfreda erupted from her seat and took a few steps back.
"No," she whispered. The whole area went dark, even the faint sun could not stop Elfreda's mind for going crazy.

"That was made for the Witch King of Angmar," breathed Galadriel" and buried with him"

Saruman continued to not believe what was going on. "This dwarfish quest, however troubles me deeply"

Elfreda could not believe what she was hearing. Galadriel entered her head again
"They are leaving," she said. Another voice, Gandalf's, was also there.
"Yes," he replied.

Elfreda walked away. Elrond looked at her.
"Where are you going?" He asked. Elrond knew where she was going but Elfreda replied with a different answer.
"To protect the world from my father!" she declared.